October 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone starting a little fluffy?

Anyone else starting off their pregnancy, a little bit heavier than they would like, Im starting at about 225 and am really concerned about the weight gain, and actually knowing I need to lose some weight...can anyone else relate?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone starting a little fluffy?

• Options
    I am just a few pounds less than you and lost 50 pounds so that I could get pregnant. I think that as long as we eat healthy and take care of ourselves... all will be well. :) Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I started at 219 (my highest weight ever :( ) and I'm 5'9". I really don't want to gain a bunch of weight with this pregnancy, so I'm watching what I eat and when it gets warmer outside, I'll be out there, walking my dogs every evening.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    im starting off thirty lbs heavier. im super worried about gaining too much considering im already heavier than id like to be. it sucks because i always pictured myself as the thin girl who just has a bump. thanks to my extra middle, i look four months pregnant already, and cringe at the idea of telling people. they will be shocked when they know how very little pregnant i am.
    BFP 11/2/10! First Dr's appt 11/30/10, shows Blighted Ovum measuring~ 5.9w @ 7w5d Natural Miscarraige 12/10/10 TTA unitl Feb, waiting BARE minimum before hopping back in the saddle So ready to try again, but I will never forget my first baby. BFP#2 02/06/11!!!! *stick baby, stick!* Team Green turn Team PINK 10/09/11 BFP #3 02/23/13...SURPRISE! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was 180 when I got pg with DS. Was around 200 when I left the hospital. (Gained 26 total during my pregnancy). At my 6 week appt I was 176. yea!

....Until I went on nursing supplements and blew back up to 205 in about 3 months. Which is my starting point for this pregnancy. (13 months after having DS). So I'm freaking out about weight gain this time around. 

I have my appt on Thursday and will be bringing it up with the doc.  I don't mind being "fluffy" but I had just started weight watchers when I got pg because this is the heaviest I've EVER been, and now I'm only going to get heavier. I can't wrap my head around this!

• Options

Me!  I'm about 215 and 5'4". I gained about 29 with DS and lost it all in 12 days.  I'm a chunky chick. I'll never be thin. I accept that, but wasn't expecting to get pregnant when I am at my chunkiest.  I am trying to eat healthy and stay active. I haven't gotten on the scale though!

I was out yesterday taking down Christmas lights and LOVED being outside. I'll be walking soon! I also try to walk at work on my lunch hour. 

• Options
    I've been a little concerned myself, and In talking with my mom, she told me that with her pregnancy with me that she actually ended up losing weight in the end.  Hope I am that lucky!  Maybe your doctor can help with an appropriate weight gain scale so that you feel comfortable with what you need for your little sweet pea to grow into a healthy baby.  Good luck and healthy pregnancies too all!
  • Options
    I am starting out with some extra chub for sure. I never really got into shape after my last pregnancy. Hopefully after this one I can lose the extra pounds.
    m/c 4/4/11 @11w6d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I started off at 196 and am only 5'3.  At my first appt I weighed 200 exactly with all my clothes and felt my heart drop.  I needed to lose weight before, so I am really trying to continue my exercise and hope to not gain more than 15 pounds.  I'm not sure it will be possible, but I am going to try to stay active during the summer, which I have off.

• Options
    I am about where you are but I am 6 feet tall as well.  While I am concerned about the weight gain a little, I am more concerned about losing it when that time comes!  I am pretty sad that I probably won't have a cute bump...
  • Options
    Yep, I can relate! My plan is to eat well (more whole grains, low fat dairy, veggies, lean meat) but not to diet. I expect that I might lose weight (or at least not gain) at first, and my goal is to only gain about 15-20 lbs overall.
  • Options
    I'm right on the line between overweight and obese on the BMI charts.  I'm trying to make wise choices regarding my food choices...but that's not been too easy with a queasy stomach.  I'm also trying to keep active with moderate excersize.  The activity seems to be helping not only to keep the pounds off, but its good for stress relief.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    I lost a whole bunch of weight a few years ago (gastric bypass surgery) but I never got down to where I would like to be.  I'm 5'8 and 192 pre-preg.  I have an interesting situation where I need to be really conscious of eating enough since I don't absorb my food normally, but I'm afraid that I'm going to gain too much weight and have a hard time dropping it.  Since I'm still at the top of the overweight category, I figure I should only gain 15-25 lbs but I'm trying to keep it towards the lower end.  (BTW this is my first pregnancy.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yes I can definitely relate.  I have tried to just make sure all of my calories count and are healthy. I have actually lost 8 pounds since becoming pregnant, probably a mix of the nausea, and eating a bit healthier.  I did talk to my doctor about it, and at this point she isn't too concerned, but I'd definitely like to stay on the lower side of healthy pregnancy weight gain.
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I started my pg with DD a size 18 and only gained 12 lbs. I watched what I ate and did have some m/s so that "helped".  I thought I'd be a huge gross pg lady that wouldn't even have a belly but turns out I loved the way I looked pg and felt better than I had in a long time.  And the bonus was that I lost 35 lbs. after DD was born. 

Only problem was that I ended up stuffing my face all winter to cope with my post partum depression.  I hope this time around I can nip that in the bud.

• Options
    ::Raises hand:: That would be me - when I went to the gyno in December, I weighed 215 and almost had a heart attack. Def my heaviest weight ever - I'm 5'8". I kind of miss the days when I was super skinny but right now I'm just hoping for a healthy baby/pregnancy at my current weight.
  • Options

Me too, I'm at my heaviest ever starting this pregnancy and totally worried about gaining too much weight. I'm about 30-40 lbs overweight to begin with so I'm hoping I can keep my gain to about 15 lbs max. I would love to be one of those women who has a net loss by the time the baby comes but I don't think that's possible. Hopefully when this nausea is gone I can get back to eating healthier foods but the only thing that seems to make my stomach feel better right now is carbs.

• Options

I am 220 :( not very happy about that at all since when I met my husband I was 120.. I gained weight slowly over the years and after having 3 babies now the 4th (with god's help) I am  telling myself..this is it.. the last one..I am only going to gain this weight and be this heavy one more time!. that's it!!! . I am so mad at myself.. I can't believe how big I am.It's shocking when I see pictures of myself..

however if we all try to walk a lot and exercise we will be nice and tone after the baby comes.. then the weight can come off and we''ll all look great by sayyy Christmas! just imagine getting dressed up in a new outfit.. feeling great about ourselves.. ..come on ladies we can do this!!!!!

BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I am at the same weight I was when I got pg with DS. When I was pg with him, I lost around 35 lbs. About the last month of the pg I gained 30 of it back, but it was all water weight, like you could poke my foot and make an indent. A week after giving birth I was down to 225. After BFing for a year I was down to 210. I was almost a size 14.

But this past year, I gained 50 lbs no matter what I did. Eat healthy, exercise etc, it just kept adding. Turns out I have PCOS and am Insulin Resistance. So I started this pg at 255. I gained about 10lbs in a week, at its water weight again because I can't even fit my ring on and my feet are puffy too. I am praying that this pg is like my last one where I lost, but even if its not, healthy eating and exercise along with the medicine I am on, I hope to be able to lose it after I have this baby.

I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August
  • Options
    Yep, I'm definitely in the same boat.  I'm starting off at 178 lbs, the heaviest "non-pregnancy weight" I've ever been.  I was just starting to really lose some of the weight I had put on after carrying my twins (stillborn in late May) and then I got pregnant again and it started to pack right back on.  I'm really, REALLY going to have my work cut out for me after this baby comes!  And it's tough, because I haven't been feeling as sick as I did with my first two pregnancies, so I'm hungry all the time! 
  • Options
    That is me for sure.  I am about 5'9" but weigh 220.  I was quite worried about the weight, but when I met with the midwife for pre-conception counselling she said to cut out the refined sugar.  So far I have done that and I have only been able to eat until just satisfied.  If I eat a big meal I feel sick.  I have not yet weighed myself (I am 5 weeks) because my scale is out of batteries...convenient, hey?  My hubby is wanting me to gain, gain, gain.... I am eating well though so trying not to worry too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"