Infertility

Low sperm count

Hey Ladies. I don't post often, but lurk a whole lot. I have been waiting for answers on MFI. We finally got out SA done and the results were better then previous. Before MH had 0 sperm count. It has now gone up to 800,000( which I know isn't a ton, but is better then it has been) My questions is anyone have that very low count and been sucessful to make it to ivf-icsi? I have an appointment next week with my RE to discuss our final options and what not, but just wondering. Thanks ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Low sperm count

• With 800k, you would have a great count for IVF w ICSI.  We had 50k in our last IVF cycle, i did get pregnant but had a miscarriage.

Good luck moving forward!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My husband has low sperm count.  He was up to like 2.5 million the last SA.  We JUST completed IVF #1 w/ ICSI and am hoping at least one of my embryos is making themself at home :)

I was really worried about the fertilizing, even though we were using ICSI, but half of the eggs did fertilize.

Good luck!

Ellen & Chris 5/6/06
    -------------------------
    TTC Since 10/2007 with no luck and a 'go with the flow' attitude
    1/1010 FINALLY decided to have testing done, dx MFI
    7/2010 - DH starts Clomid to increase testosterone and hopefully sperm count
    10/2010 - Still low (but improved) sperm count.
    11/30/10 - IUI #1 and only = BFN
    February 2011 - IVF #1 w/ ICSI =
    Chemical PG (Beta 1: 10, Beta 2: 19, Beta 3: 17) :-(
    April 2011 - IVF #2 w/ ICSI = BFN :-(
    September 2011 - IVF #3 w/ ICSI = BFFN
    November 2011 - AMH level tested - .83 (normal for age range)
    February 2012 - IVF #4 w/ ICSI = (best response ever yet still) BFFN
    April 2012 - DNA testing - NORMAL, RE suggests cycling again with own eggs or using DE
    On Break indefinitely...not sure we can afford the emotional and financial roller coaster anymore.
    *PAIFW/SAIFW*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"