3rd Trimester
Options

I feel like my belly has stopped growing

I was just comparing my weekly pics and I feel like for the past 3 or 4 weeks, my belly has not gotten any bigger.  Did you all hit points in your pregnancy where you stayed the same size for a while?  I haven't had a period like this yet - every week up until about 23w my belly has been noticably bigger.  I measured 25 weeks at my 24 week appt and I have another appt next week.  I guess we'll see if I've actually grown or not.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I feel like my belly has stopped growing

• Options
    hey Gym, i was thinking the same thing last night, i kept asking hubby whether i looked bigger because i didn't think i'd grown..... i guess i'll find out friday at my next mid wife appointment!
  • Options
    I definitely felt like my belly grew in 'spurts.'
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Be careful what you wish for...

I thought the same thing between 25ish - 28ish weeks; I even asked my doctor if I was growing. Then, a few weeks later I ballooned! I compared a 26 week picture to my 32 week picture with the same shirt on and it's ridiculous how much I grew.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Our bodies all carry LO differently and it could also be the way your LO is positioned. You'd be surprised how much room there is toward the back of your ute.

• Options
    imagesarahdee678:

I know, right?  I was thinking as I was typing "I'm probably going to eat these words!"  LOL

• Options
    This has been happening to me!  I'll go a couple of weeks with no change at all.  Kinda freaks me out, but I guess it is normal!
  • Options
    imagesarahdee678:

I thought the same thing between 25ish - 28ish weeks; I even asked my doctor if I was growing. Then, a few weeks later I ballooned! I compared a 26 week picture to my 32 week picture with the same shirt on and it's ridiculous how much I grew.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Our bodies all carry LO differently and it could also be the way your LO is positioned. You'd be surprised how much room there is toward the back of your ute.

SAME thing happened to me.  Between weeks 25 and 28, I was asking my doctor is I was big enough because people kept telling me I looked small.  I was measuring right on track, so there was no reason for concern.  Now, I am 31 weeks and people can't stop telling me how much I've "popped out", how big my belly looks, and how they can't believe I still have 9 weeks left because by the looks of it, I will probably go early.  So, bite your tongue Wink

image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yes... I've felt like that my whole pregnancy. it's really hard to notice the difference yourself. It wasn't until I started taking a weekly photo of my bump that I noticed the difference every week. you will see you are growing a lot more between weeks than you noticed. as long as your doctor sees consistent growth of your uterus every week, then you're fine! It makes sense to me that baby's growth might be taking a little break after measuring a week ahead.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I felt like belly growth came in spurts through the whole pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"