High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Blood Glucose question for the GD ladies.

I was diagnosed with GD about 2 weeks ago and went to my class last week and got my kit to test at home with and so far have been doing well. I have had a few high numbers (for me, 133 being the highest), until tonight. I used my ring finger tonight to test and it was a 95..I ate on the higher scale of the carb range (Japanese tonight) and I wanted to make sure, so I poked my index finger and got a 140...HUGE discrepancy!! So I re-washed my hands and dried them, got a new lancet and pricked my middle finger and it was 102. I don't get the discrepancy. I had to squeeze my index finger quite a bit tonight. For some reason, it doesn't want to come out as well as it used to and I just upped the lancet level to 3 this morning! Anyone have any advice? I am going to call the nurse tomorrow, but I am worrying about it tonight!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Blood Glucose question for the GD ladies.

• Options
    I forgot what the percentage I read was for error for meters, but it was pretty high.  It made me not worry when I had an unusual number because there is such discrepancy.  I stick to the same 2 or 3 fingers and not worry too much about the error.
  • Options
    The monitors aren't foolproof, they can be off a little. I'm guessing in this case, though, you had sauce or something on your finger when you tested and got the 140, because 95 and 102 aren't that far off from each other. Mention it to your GD counselor, but I don't think you need to worry about it.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I test with all my fingers, and have never had a discrepancy like that before. I have found that I have to dry my hands really well after washing them though, and never wash them with anything scented as that will really throw off my numbers.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"