TTC After a Loss

Question about Testing "Tissue"

If your "tissue" (I hate using that word, can someone give me a better one?) was sent of to be tested after your early miscarriage, did you hear anything back either way from your Dr.?

I heard my Dr. tell the nurse to send it off, but he didn't speak to me about testing directly, so i'm just wondering if it's common to hear anything back, and what exactly they might be testing for?

Re: Question about Testing "Tissue"

• We discussed it at my follow up appointment.  My doctor said they tested for general chromosomal abnormalities.  They didn't find anything abnormal in my test results but my doctor said that pretty common too.

imagephoto BeachAudrey6-23-2013_zps95b514cd.jpgphoto TRCALBadge_zpse0b3d2cb.jpg
    BFP #1 9-22-10 Missed M/c 10-18-10 D&E 10-28-10

BFP #2 5-9-11 EDD 1-12-12 Audrey Rachel born 1-12-12

BFP #3 9-21-13 EDD 5-30-14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The tissue tested in my case was placental tissue rather than an early miscarriage, but I think it's also possible that you'd have a result like mine.  In my case, the tissue had died already and they were unable to grow and diagnose new cells from it.  It was disappointing that we were never able to know for sure that our baby had the genetic problem the doctors suspected, but I think no growth is another fairly common test result.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told my tissue was being sent for testing, and at my follow-up the doc told me that they had confirmed it was embryonic tissue.  Duh.  They didn't send it for chromosomal testing.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They tried to do testing when I lost my twins, but they called and said that the sample wouldn't grow and they weren't able to.
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"