September 2011 Moms

Constipation

It's no laughing matter!!

And FYI, prune juice is effin nasty.

That is all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Constipation

• I know exactly what you mean. That's all I drank this weekend and I'm still constipated! :(
  • No it is not funny at all. Absolutely miserable. :(  I went the prune route because I was told they were not as gross as the juice.  Since I had to try my hardest not to throw up each prune, I can only imagine how delicious the juice is!  Yuck.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was ok'd to take Miralax and it worked within 6 hours. ahhh relief :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Another boy on the way! BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageNicDes:
    I was ok'd to take Miralax and it worked within 6 hours. ahhh relief :)

Maybe I'll try that next time.  My doctor OKed Dulcolax and although I was finally able to go, the God awful stabbing cramps that came along with it has terrified me out of taking it ever again. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • i eat my 4 Sunsweet Ones Prunes every day...they don't taste too bad at all - you can get the ones that taste more like cherries, i may not go every day but definitely every other day which is WAY better than the every 3rd of 4th day, when...maybe TMI i felt like i was giving birth
  • lol! I work with elderly people and they say if you warm it up it tastes better.

But I have no actual experience :)

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I agree!  :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It is awful.  I have been trying everything.  Prune juice, stool softener, and extra fiber.  I am dying.  I feel so violated once I finally go. 
  • imageneko621:

imageNicDes:
    I was ok'd to take Miralax and it worked within 6 hours. ahhh relief :)

Maybe I'll try that next time.  My doctor OKed Dulcolax and although I was finally able to go, the God awful stabbing cramps that came along with it has terrified me out of taking it ever again. 

I had no cramping :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Another boy on the way! BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't mind prune juice so much as long as there's lots of ice. Definitely not something I would drink normally, though.
    imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I may have to try the miralax.  That was seriously the most painful event of my life, and I don't want to go through that again, but I'm sure it's not over.  I've been constipated for the past few weeks, but still able to go about every other day.  This time I hadn't gone since Thursday, and this was bad bad bad. 
  • imagecamedowncrushing:
    It is awful.  I have been trying everything.  Prune juice, stool softener, and extra fiber.  I am dying.  I feel so violated once I finally go. 

That is seriously the perfect description.

• oh it sucks. miralax is pretty gross too...but works.

We're under full-on construction at work (closed to the public and everything) and last Friday the guys tell me they're turning off the water. I was the only company employee in the building; everyone else was construction crew so I said yeah go for it, knowing I can hold in my pee still for a while and I only had 2 hours left of work. I also hadn't pooped in like 2 weeks. (I had a dr. appt. 2 days before and had an ultrasound and my dr. asked if i was backed up and when i said yes she said "yeah, I can tell. All I can see is poop"--total invasion of privacy Embarrassed lol lol)

Well I FINALLY felt ready to poop like 30 minutes after the guys tell me their turning off the water. I was excited to finally poop that I dropped what I was doing, ran the the grocery store across the parking lot and did not care that there were other people in the bathroom. I walked back to work feeling like a NEW person with the bounce back in my step. It was the best feeling in the world!! 

• I love u ladies and I just have to say that i feel the same as all of you. I wasn't constipated until I started taking the zolfran. If I take it, I am constipated. If I don't I am so nauseous I can't stand it. I have only taken one good poop in a week. I felt like a brand new woman when I was done but now 3 days later, I am miserable again. I have gone through a box of colasce. Now I am just doing a straight laxative and hoping for the best. Aim trying not to complain because we have waited so long for baby #2 but I think this second time around is slowly killing me. Hopefully only 2 more weeks until a new me :)
  • imagebre86ann:

Well I FINALLY felt ready to poop like 30 minutes after the guys tell me their turning off the water. I was excited to finally poop that I dropped what I was doing, ran the the grocery store across the parking lot and did not care that there were other people in the bathroom. I walked back to work feeling like a NEW person with the bounce back in my step. It was the best feeling in the world!!  

I love it! Pregnancy constipation is what cured me of my dread of pooping in public. When it's time, you just go! 

imageimageimage
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Hey ladies, I have also had on and off bouts of the big ole C and in the past, when not preggers I have found that amazingly twizzlers and candies that are "gummy" related come with a thin, thin coat of oil to preserve their shine, which in turn works amazingly on your bowels as well.  Just something to maybe try, they aren't an instant fix, but the next day or two you will hopefully have some relief.  Just don't eat too many, trust me! And if you eat the colored ones like blue or purple, it will turn your poop colors like green so don't be surprised!!  Hope this helps some of you ladies that have tried everything already!!
  • Kiwi, Strawberries, and Beans have been helping me a bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"