September 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone want my DH's family? (Ignoring Grandchild to be)

So my DH's family lives out-of-state. *A little quick background, my DH is the child that gets ignored bc his life is well, normal. My SIL (his older sister) makes horrible decision after horrible decision and most recently, on my DH's bday his Mom and sister called him to COMPLAIN about how tough his sister's life is. And oh ya, Happy Birthday son/brother.*

OK, so I made up these cute St. Patty's Day cards to announcement Baby #2 (has DD's pix on it, in her "I have a secret shirt" and a sonogram pix of her little brother or sister and we mailed them. On Friday, my Grandfather called and even called back in the evening to congratulate DH. My Aunt called screaming on Saturday and we didn't hear from DH's family. Figured, they would get it on Monday.

SO, today my DH called his younger brother and his younger brother says, "oh, we got your news on Saturday." My DH, asked, "even Mom?" Ya, she was busy with niece and nephew on Saturday. TOO BUSY TO CALL YOUR SON TO SAY CONGRATULATIONS AND YAY, I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMA again. She couldn't call real quick on Sunday or even today!!!???

Sorry, I am SO p*ssed. AND, it is almost 8 PM on Monday and she still hasn't called!!! Can you imagine ignoring the fact that your son is going to be a father again and that she is going to be a Grandmother again??

I am very disappointed and feel bad for my DH.  I am done with them!!

This is the straw that broke the camels back!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone want my DH's family? (Ignoring Grandchild to be)

• Options
    That stinks. I'm sorry you and you husband are having to deal with that.
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Maybe they expected a phone call to announce the preg at least and not a card?  I think it is one thing to tell your aunts/uncles/grandparents this way but totally different for your MIL/FIL and siblings.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it's odd that they found out via the mail.  My mom would be LIVID with me if that's how she found out.  Extended family and friends, ok.  But immediate family, no way. 
  • Options

No, we did the same type of thing with our first pg! We even did something creative, then just a phone call with my parents.

I wish I could fill you all in on "more of the history" but would probably put you all to sleep!

• Options

I asked my DH about what others had posted and he said, "no, this is just my Mom." Wanted to ask him since OPs are on the outside looking in and I can appreciate their perspective.

Just then DH's Dad and step mom (live down south) called bc they just opened up their mail. They are all giddy and said, how the card "got them" and they can't stop smiling! They loved the sonogram pix.

My DH sounded great talking to his Dad! I am happy for him!

• Options
    At least his dad is not a flake.
  • Options

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I almost think we have the same DH and in-laws lol! Your background info and mine would be exactly the same, so I'll skip that. But I'm 17 weeks along (pregnant after a loss) and they are as disinterested in their grandbaby-to-be as could be. I believe his mother's response to the news was, "oh, okay." REALLY?! I would understand that as an initial surprise or shock response, but not once since then have they even asked about our LO.

I couldn't agree with you more, I am so done!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"