September 2011 Moms
Options

Tanning

While I am not saying I am going to, my doctor actually told me that indoor tanning a few days a week was okay for Vitamin D levels as long as I do not get overheated.  I simply was going to tan my legs for short weather and just sit in the chair in the room.  

Now that the weather is getting nicer (hopefully), I am going to try to take walks after work and get some sun that way so that I am not pasty white when I walk down the aisle. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tanning

• Options
    I LOVE TANNING! and have been wondering the exact same thing. Have you looked into spray tan? When I got married I had done extreme skin treatment, so I did not want to subject myself to the radiation. I spray taned for my wedding and it looked awesome.... But to smell a tanning salon and tanning lotion again will be a great day ( just not while I am prego!)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    You do know this is bad for you in general right? I'm fairly sure these things have been linked to an increase in skin cancer and you want to do it pregnant? As the other poster said, why can't you spray tan if it is really that important to you? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor told me the same thing. I was talking to her about stress and depression and she asked me how i deal with it and I said that I USED to tan but since I've been pregnant for what I feel like has been the past years I haven't done it since before I got married almost 3 years ago. She said it's actually okay as long as i listen to my body and don't heat myself up too much. I was pretty surprised to hear it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Just say no.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    No Dr. needs to tell me it's ok....I KNOW it's not. I gave it up a year and a half ago. I HIGHLY recommend Loreal's Sublime Bronze Tanning wipes. These things are simply amazing, and I seriously don't miss tanning at all with the invention of these!
  • Options
    I love tanning and figured it was out of the question since being pregnant. I was wondering about just tanning my legs as well. I don't pay much attention to the cancer warnings for indoor tanning, but I personally don't want to risk harming my baby. I'm hoping to get a natural tan before vacation. I'm also going to talk to my doctor this week about sunless tanners or lotions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hate being preachy and melodramatic about things, but REALLY????  Tanning beds are awful, i would second guess any doc's opinoin who says otherwise.  Pregnant or not you should NOT risk health.  The fact that you would ignore warnings that say otherwise is irresoponsible. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah not to be a turd in the punchbowl but my dad almost died from stage 3 melanoma.  Tanning ain't cool, kids. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"