Pregnant after IF
Options

Did you have few follicles and succefful..... age 40

Did you have an IUI or IVF and only have 3-4 follicles and success. I am now 41 and just wondering if there are success stories with ER of 3 or 4 follicles and success from that. Anyone? I have been on a huge does of injectables, almost the max.  Here is my post from the TTC>35 board that tells you what does I am on and what just happened.  Thanks for your feedback

KRistin

So here it is day 10 of my cycle. They started me with 4 vials menopur, 2 bravelle and 1 puff 2 x daily of syranel (nasal spray) back on CD3 . They watched several days  by ultrasound to see what happens. Friday one follicle out of 4 was ahead at 16 I think, thats CD7 and so they had me do an injection of Cetrotide starting friday evening then Saturday, sunday and this morning. This was to prevent me from ovulating on my own if the 1 follicle kept growing and let the others catch up. I went in today and the doctor was shocked, I had ovulated! F&$ing seriously?? She can not tell if it was 2 hours before or how long ago. She says we can try iui today if husband can get his part done or we can just do intercourse tonight. (husband came home in the middle of the day for intercourse) The lab was closing early at the time all this was going on and he had less than an hour to leave work and do his part.

Seriously?? this was the last IUI I was going to try. Now I dont know what to do. With the crazy response and such, not sure if it will be worth doing IVF.

Just venting. Cross fingers because now the

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Did you have few follicles and succefful..... age 40

• Options
    This past IVF, I had 4 folllies - which translated into 3 eggs, but only 1 embie fertilized. Luckily, it made it to transfer.  They did the microflare protocol, and I was on 300 U of Follistim and 300 U of Menopur a day, plus the Lupron 2x day, which is a lot of stims from what I understand.  They also did ICSI and assisted hatching.  I am 34, so I did have that going for me I guess.  Historically, I have never made many eggs, and never had good fert rates, but for some reason I'm newly pregnant.  I hope this helps.  Good luck to you!
    TTC Child #1 Sept '08, Dx: Unexplained, DOR 2 IUI's = BFN, m/c, IVF 1 = 0 embies to put back, IVF 2 = BFN, IVF 3 = cancelled, IVF 4 = BFP with 1 embie. Our son came into our life on 9/28/11. We are in love! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes it does help!! Gives me hope and thats what i need!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm 38 (was 37 at the time of my IVF's) and expecting our little single embryo transfer miracle.  With my last IVF (only BFP) I had 6 follies that were on track for my ER...only 5 eggs were retrieved.  Of those 5, only 3 were mature and were fertilized.  One of those stopped growing immediately and another one stopped growing on day 2.  We transferred our 1 remaining embryo on day 3 and it worked!

I was on a microdose lupron flare protocol.  I did 40 units of lupron, 150iu of Bravelle and 150iu of Menopur twice a day.  I had to stim for about 12 days...maybe 13...and I had to do 2 trigger shots.

Good luck to you!

• Options
    My story is very similar to yours. I am now 39 years old,DOR and finally pregnant. I am actually on vacation and will post more details tomorrow when I am not on my phone.
  • Options
    JenCWJenCW member

I am also 38 (was 37 when I did IVF in Nov).  I am pregnant from a single embryo transfer.

My RE did give us the realistic statistics, but it is possible to get pregnant with even just one good embie. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"