Seattle Babies

Disneyland questions

We are going to take Tillman during Spring Break.  I have only been there once and that was when I was 7.  I remember a little bit, but from the kid perspective, obviously.  So, I have a couple questions since I know several of you have gone recently.

Q.  We are going to be down there for two days (we are driving and doing some other stuff, but two days for Disneyland).  I realize this isn't much.  We are planning on buying the 2 day park hopper tickets, but James is thinking that we might not have time to do California Adventure as well.  The price difference is only $10pp, but is it impossible to do Disneyland completely and part of California Adventure in 2 days?  We aren't able to change how much time we have, but we can save ourselves the $10pp if it is totally impossible.

Q.  I know there are characters that are going to be around for Tillman to see, and I have pictures of me hugging them, but is that basically it?  I know some are wearing big costumes with gloves and stuff, but do any sign autographs?  I was thinking of maybe getting an autograph book for him, but it would he even be able to use it?  

Q.  What did you bring in?  Tillman is obviously too big for a stroller, so we will just have on backpack and Tillman will have a small backpack.  We are not staying on the property, but the hotel we are staying in is a 10 minute walk.  So, if Tillman were to have an accident or something, we'd be able to go back, but it's not right there.  I have seen online that food isn't allowed, but they will overlook a couple bottles of water and some small snacks.  Have you found this to be the case as well?  I want to carry as little as possible into the park, but I do want to have what we need.

Q.  How much are those ear hats.  Those are a MUST for us to get for Tillman, but I want to make sure that we budget enough for souvenirs.  

Q.  Does everything in there take debit cards (without a charge) or should we be sure to have plenty of cash on hand?  I'm mostly concerned about the little snack carts (let's face it, I'll probably have 10 hot dogs in those two days plus whatever novelty looks so exciting to Tillman).  I DO NOT want to end up spending $2+ at an ATM.

Any help with these questions or any other tips would be appreciated.

T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.

Re: Disneyland questions

• We are going to take Tillman during Spring Break.  I have only been there once and that was when I was 7.  I remember a little bit, but from the kid perspective, obviously.  So, I have a couple questions since I know several of you have gone recently.

Q.  We are going to be down there for two days (we are driving and doing some other stuff, but two days for Disneyland).  I realize this isn't much.  We are planning on buying the 2 day park hopper tickets, but James is thinking that we might not have time to do California Adventure as well.  The price difference is only $10pp, but is it impossible to do Disneyland completely and part of California Adventure in 2 days?  We aren't able to change how much time we have, but we can save ourselves the $10pp if it is totally impossible.

I would recommend keeping the two day park hoppers.  Sometimes it's nice to just take a quick break from DL and hop over to DCA for a change of pace.  Plus, DCA has the World if Color show and I think Tillman is probably a good age to check that out.  You have to purchase tickets for the show, but my sisters and niece and nephew just went, and there are certain box lunches you can purchase that include a ticket to the show.  Everyone has raved about it. 

Q.  I know there are characters that are going to be around for Tillman to see, and I have pictures of me hugging them, but is that basically it?  I know some are wearing big costumes with gloves and stuff, but do any sign autographs?  I was thinking of maybe getting an autograph book for him, but it would he even be able to use it?  

All of the characters sign autographs!  Some of them even draw cute little pictures and stuff too!  They each have their own distinct autograph and it's really fun to collect them.  I bit of advice for autographs, have Tillman open the book to the page he wants signed and have it ready with his pen out and open.  Makes it much easier for the characters than to try and open a book.  Also, consider having signatures on one side, and leaving the page next to it blank, so when you get home, you can put the pictures of the characters next to their autograph. 

Q.  What did you bring in?  Tillman is obviously too big for a stroller, so we will just have on backpack and Tillman will have a small backpack.  We are not staying on the property, but the hotel we are staying in is a 10 minute walk.  So, if Tillman were to have an accident or something, we'd be able to go back, but it's not right there.  I have seen online that food isn't allowed, but they will overlook a couple bottles of water and some small snacks.  Have you found this to be the case as well?  I want to carry as little as possible into the park, but I do want to have what we need.

We have always taken snacks into the park.  If you tried to take a cooler, they would probably tell you no, but some bottles of water and baggies of snacks in your backpack will be perfect.  They are easy to pull out while waiting for shows or standing in long lines. 

Q.  How much are those ear hats.  Those are a MUST for us to get for Tillman, but I want to make sure that we budget enough for souvenirs.  

I can't remember exactly.  I would guess around $15 (sorry, I haven't bought a pair of ears since before I worked at DLH). 

Q.  Does everything in there take debit cards (without a charge) or should we be sure to have plenty of cash on hand?  I'm mostly concerned about the little snack carts (let's face it, I'll probably have 10 hot dogs in those two days plus whatever novelty looks so exciting to Tillman).  I DO NOT want to end up spending $2+ at an ATM.

Snack carts only take cash.  Like the pretzel, churro, popcorn, turkey leg and chimichanga places.  Rule of thumb for me is if it's not inside a building, they probably only take cash (there are a few exceptions, but better to plan on needing the cash).  Also, the vendors that come out at night and before parades with balloons and light up necklaces and stuff only take cash as well.  Everything else, stores and restaurants accepts credit or debit. 

Hope that helps! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Brynnie2010:

We are going to take Tillman during Spring Break.  I have only been there once and that was when I was 7.  I remember a little bit, but from the kid perspective, obviously.  So, I have a couple questions since I know several of you have gone recently.

I would recommend keeping the two day park hoppers.  Sometimes it's nice to just take a quick break from DL and hop over to DCA for a change of pace.  Plus, DCA has the World if Color show and I think Tillman is probably a good age to check that out.  You have to purchase tickets for the show, but my sisters and niece and nephew just went, and there are certain box lunches you can purchase that include a ticket to the show.  Everyone has raved about it. 

All of the characters sign autographs!  Some of them even draw cute little pictures and stuff too!  They each have their own distinct autograph and it's really fun to collect them.  I bit of advice for autographs, have Tillman open the book to the page he wants signed and have it ready with his pen out and open.  Makes it much easier for the characters than to try and open a book.  Also, consider having signatures on one side, and leaving the page next to it blank, so when you get home, you can put the pictures of the characters next to their autograph. 

We have always taken snacks into the park.  If you tried to take a cooler, they would probably tell you no, but some bottles of water and baggies of snacks in your backpack will be perfect.  They are easy to pull out while waiting for shows or standing in long lines. 

I can't remember exactly.  I would guess around $15 (sorry, I haven't bought a pair of ears since before I worked at DLH). 

Snack carts only take cash.  Like the pretzel, churro, popcorn, turkey leg and chimichanga places.  Rule of thumb for me is if it's not inside a building, they probably only take cash (there are a few exceptions, but better to plan on needing the cash).  Also, the vendors that come out at night and before parades with balloons and light up necklaces and stuff only take cash as well.  Everything else, stores and restaurants accepts credit or debit. 

Hope that helps! 

We were just there last month, I think B answered everything the same as I would have.  We took in a supply of easy snacks each day, and juice boxes/water bottles.  That way we were only doing lunch in there, one day we did buy ice cream, but no other snacks.  We had breakfast each day at the LaBrea Bakery which is in Downtown Disney, right by the gates.  We did a 3-day hopper, did Disney for 2 and Cal. Avdventure for one.  I think you could do it in 2, especially if you take a break and go back after dinner. We opted to not go back, aside from seeing The World of Color one night, but we took the boys in their jammies.   Characters are all over, the only 1 I saw that doesnt sign is Sully from Monsters Inc, his gloves are huge and his arm is only in the top 1/2.   Our "ear" hats were 14.00 I think then an extra 5.00 I think for their name to be put on. 

Have fun!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards