February 2011 Moms

Back or Backless booster seat for soon to be 5 year old...

My little man is turning 5 in the end of this month and we're booster seat shopping. The Graco turbo booster is the best rated one I'm finding, but I'm confused as to whether we need backless or one with a back?? He's over 40 lbs, and he prefers the backless. Is one with a back safer? The turbo booster elite (with back) has some foam in the little head support pads that are suppose to absorb some impact, but according the the department of highway safety theres no safety difference between the two. 

Anyone have any insight? TIA! 

Nicole, Mommy to baby Jordan Santiago born 3-31-06 and Isabella Grace born 1/28/2011 image
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Back or Backless booster seat for soon to be 5 year old...

• My seven year old is still in a booster seat with a back and a 5 point harness. My 4.5 year old is in the same booster as my son, just in pink. I figure, I would rather be safe than sorry and in Michigan, they just passed a law that you have to be 8 years old or 4'8" to come out of a booster seat.

Since my ds is on the small size.... it will most likely be the 4'8" lol. I would go with the seat with the back. Ours does have the option to go to a seat belt insead of the harness but I don't see the harm...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My son is in a booster with a back, he's 4 but he's the size of a 5.5yr old. He technically could be in a backless booster but I'll wait until the back can't be raised up anymore to remove it.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"