August 2011 Moms
Options

Timeline??

When do you plan to register and when is the appropriate time to take a hospital tour?  I'd hate to do either of these too early and have (especially at the hospital) people look at me like I'm nuts.

What is your plan? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Timeline??

• Options

I was thinking that both of those things, especially the hospital part, were very far away.  Then, I finally got around to reading the folder that my doctor gave me for the hospital.  It said I needed to have my preregistration filled out and sent to them by my third month of pregnancy.  Then, it said I had to register for childbirth classes during the first trimester.  Tongue Tied  So, I did both of those things yesterday.  I am set up for my childbirth class beginning May 2, which runs 6 weeks and includes a hospital tour.  The guy registering me said that was perfect timing.  As far as registering, I was planning on starting that after I find out the gender.  I may add more to it later on, but I at least want to get a start then.  That could be because I am so excited, though!  Wink  I'm not sure when most people register. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did pre-register with DD, but I can't for the life of me remember when I did so. I want to say around 34 weeks. I never took a hospital tour with DD and unless DH wants to I don't plan on doing one with this one.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (JBoF)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I signed up for my Birth and Parenting Prep class for 6/6 through 7/11. It's a 5 week course that is located at the hospital, so it includes a tour. They suggested that you take it in the last 3 months of your pregnancy.

We will probably start to register once we find out the sex (so after 20 weeks).

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I registered right after I found out the sex.. so about 20 weeks. I don't think this one really matters so much, becuase you can keep changing it as much as you need to. I think as long as it's done before the invites go out, it's personal preference.

For the hospital tour.. I had to pick between 2 hospitals so I toured before I had to sign up for the child birth classes. So I would say I did the tour around 26 weeks or so. I know i wasn't as far a long as a lot of the people in them, but I was also further along than a couple people. Oh and if you take a class at your hospital, they usually include the tour in that class.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I will be doing the tour and baby CPR class at 6-7 months.

I have already started our registery and have been adding items to it as I think of them.

imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Are we talking about baby registry or hospital registration? I think I might have gotten confused. If baby registry, we registered right after we found out the sex. Hospital pre-registration, where I was, was for my convenience to make it smoother when I arrived at the hospital, there was no real timeline. Just made sure I did it before I went into labor.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (JBoF)
  • Options

I will probably register around 19-20 weeks after we know sex.

Our hospital recommends tours in your 7th or 8th month. Pre-registration/classes are a little later on, but not that late. Maybe abound 5 or 6 months? 

• Options
    You can register whenever. We did the hospital tour/birth class around 30 weeks I think.
  • Options

You can register whenever you feel like it - that doesn't mean you have to tell people right away about your registry.

As for the hospital tour, our hospital actually calls the moms-to-be early on to schedule the tour, but the tour itself doesn't happen until you are 7 months or so.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"