March 2011 Moms

Dr thinks I wont make it to due date

At my apointment last week I was 1 cm and 50% thinned and today I was 2 cm and 80% thined out. My OB also said his head is pretty low and pushing on my cervix. She said these conditions are pretty out of the ordinary for a first time mom at almost 37 weeks. She talked to me about my options for when my water breaks and she said she didn't think I'd make to my due date of March 24th and the be honest I am not upset about that...I don't want to get my hopes up but I did come straight home and get my last load if laundry done.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Dr thinks I wont make it to due date

• Can you ask her the winning lottery numbers tonight too?

(Good luck to you! I would have done laundry too!) 

• I got a similar report at the doctor today. Dialated to 2.5 cm and "very soft." Kind of encouraging that the contractions are doing something :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have refused internals so far.  Tomorrow I am definitely getting them.  However... her head has been deep into my pelvis against my cervix for 3 weeks now.  When he checked position at 37 weeks the dang u/s wand was nearly into my down there hair line. 

Anyway, I don't trust doctors when they say you won't make it to your due date... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was told the same thing, but I'm getting a c-section so it's definitely true, lol!  I was 3 to 4 cm dilated at my 36 week appointment though and have felt like a time bomb ever since because she told me that.  Boooo
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"