Infertility

Thank you ladies & an update

DH and I had a great conversation this afternoon.  He didn't take that long to cool down, and he suggested we sit down and talk.  It went well.

We have decided not to cycle in March/April.  We are going to take some time to come to terms with (maybe) not having children and bring the focus back to our relationship instead of our infertility treatments.

I am definitely ok with waiting a few months, but I said I think we should do PGD because we have come this far and purchased a package.  We might as well complete the package.  He seems to agree, but he hasn't made a final decision.

I am so thankful for all of you and your kind words.  I don't know what I would do without your support.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thank you ladies & an update

• I'm so glad that you had a good conversation with hubby.  IF is hard and it's so important to be able to be on the same page.   I hope everything works out for you.  ((hugs))  Good luck.
    My Wonderful Sister is my GC!!!! 3 IUIs, 2 unmedicated, 1 50mg of Clomid = All BFNs Next step IVF!!!! Melinda & Michael 5*6*06 God Bless The Broken Road
  • I'm really glad that you guys had a good talk - a happy relationship is most important!  Good luck in whatever you guys decide!
    imageimageimage

TTC since March 2009 // Me and DH - 28
    Testing Summer/Fall 2010 - Unexplained IF
    IUIs #1-4 ~ Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IUI #5 ~ Femara/Ovidrel/TI/IUI ~ BFN
    IUIs #6-9 ~ Research Study Meds/Pregnyl/TI/IUI ~ all BFNs
    IVF Consultation, More Testing
    Diagnostic Cycle ~ Mucinex/Progesterone/TI ~ BFN
    IVF #1 ~ Menopur/Bravelle/Ganirelix/Novarel/Progesterone/Lupron
    7R, 6F // 2 transferred // 3 frosties ~ BFN
    FET #1 ~ Estrace/PIO/Lupron
    3 thawed // 2 transferred // 1 lost // no more frosties ~ BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 456 // Beta #2 - 1176 // Beta #3 - 2933 // Beta #4 - 6753
    EDD: May 16, 2013
    Threatened MC at 6w2d
    Bedrest for SCH // 6w2d through 10w1d
    Elevated TSH and Lazy Thyroid DX @ 10w - Started Synthroid
    Finally released from RE at 13w
    Charles Everett ~ Born 5/20/2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~ My IF Blog ~~ 

• Loading the player...
  • Glad you guys were able to talk about it.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• That is wonderful!  Sometimes the DH's just need a little time but they do eventually come around!!
  • I'm so glad that the two of you were able to sit and talk calmly. I do hope that you soon find both of yourselves on the same page. Hope you take advantage of the package you've already purchased. Good luck to you.
    Thank you TTCAL and IF board. "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Miscarried December of 2008, Ectopic Pregnancy November of 2009

IVF #1 = BFN | IVF #2 = BFP: 9dp5dt (399), 14dp5dt (2489)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:6,7
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicIn loving memory of MrsTyson's precious Julia
  • Sounds like you had a great conversation.  Your relationship is definitely the most important thing!  I hope you guys are able to continue the conversation and figure out what is best for you.  I know how hard a DOR Dx can be.

So, did you do a multi-cycle IVF package that you have only done 1 cycle out of?  And the issue is whether PGD should be added (with PGD obviously being outside of the package)?  If that is the case, you could always consider cycling again without PGD.

There is so much information (some of it conflicting) about PGD.  I am DOR, too.  So, my RE brought up doing CGH (a type of PGD).  Anyhow, we discussed this and decided it wasn't for us.  The cost to do CGH would mean one less IVF cycle we could do.  And, given that they retrieve so few eggs, there was no reason that we couldn't transfer them all and see if one made it.  That is the route we chose.  We don't have any genetic issues (like a balanced translocation or CF) to look for.   And, its not like if they found something wrong they could fix it.  You just wouldn't transfer that embie.  So, that is the route we decided worked better for us. 

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Just wanted to say I was thinking of you. Wishing you the best!
  • I am glad that you guys are making progress.  DH and I are in a very similar situation, in terms of emotional dealings.  I would cycle again right away, but he needs more time so we are thinking about cycling again in July.  IF is so hard on the couple as a whole and affects individuals differently, which makes things even more difficult.  Taking time-out for just the two of you sounds perfect!  Enjoy.
  • I'm glad you guys are getting somewhere.  ((Hugs)).  I'm sure you'll be able to come up w/ a plan that makes you both happy.

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
    2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
    IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
    IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
    IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
    Lap 7/21/10
    IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
    FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!

James born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

Surprise BFP - Jack born April 28, 2013 via VBAC after PTL at 33 1/2 weeks!

• I'm glad to hear you two were able to have that conversation.  Sometimes, you just need a little break from everything.  Maybe you can plan a weekend getaway or something. 
    My favorite thing about spring are the flowers. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since Oct 2006 with severe MFI.
    Summer/Fall 2011 - DH on clomid. Helped with morphology and motility, but count still under 1 million.
    February 2011 - First RE appointment to discuss options.
    March 2011 - We aren't sure what we are going to do right now. DH isn't sure about DS.
    ~SAIFW~
  • I am so happy to hear that you guys had a nice talk.  you & DH are in my thoughts
    S/PAIFW
    Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
    PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
    Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
    Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
    Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
    Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
    IVF #3
  • So glad it went well! GL you guys!

We also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And HOPE does not dissappoint.
    Romans 5:3-5

~Matt and Jen~
    Married August 26, 2006
    TTC since June 2008
    Severe MFI
    IVF #1 Feb. 2011 = BFN
    IVF #2 (Long Lupron) May 2011 = BFP!!!
    Our sweet little girl, born January 26, 2012

Time for #2!

IVF #1 (Long Lupron) July 2013 = BFP!!!

Beta #1 (8/1) 203! Beta #2 (8/8) 3,677! 1st u/s scheduled for 8/15!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm glad he started to come back around.  I think it just takes guys longer to process things like that when it hits them out of nowhere.  I hope this break will do you both a world of good and you can come back with clear heads.  Thinking of you.  *hugs*
  • Your DH sounds like a great guy -- I'm glad he suggested you sit down and talk things through. (((hugs)))
    TTC since 8/09
    DX: PCO, ENDO, High NK, MTHFR
    8/10 = Lap to remove Endo

2 Femara TI, 3 Follistim IUI = BFN & 1 c/p
    IVF #1 - BFP - boy/girl Twins!

Ben and Reese born at 34w2d!
  • I'm just logging on for the first time today, and thought I would respond to this message.  I just wanted to say that I am sorry about your bad news today.  I've done a lot of research on PGD (at all of the clinics in WA and the surrounding area), so if I can help with any of that, please let me know!
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • imageSTL34:

Sounds like you had a great conversation.  Your relationship is definitely the most important thing!  I hope you guys are able to continue the conversation and figure out what is best for you.  I know how hard a DOR Dx can be.

So, did you do a multi-cycle IVF package that you have only done 1 cycle out of?  And the issue is whether PGD should be added (with PGD obviously being outside of the package)?  If that is the case, you could always consider cycling again without PGD.

There is so much information (some of it conflicting) about PGD.  I am DOR, too.  So, my RE brought up doing CGH (a type of PGD).  Anyhow, we discussed this and decided it wasn't for us.  The cost to do CGH would mean one less IVF cycle we could do.  And, given that they retrieve so few eggs, there was no reason that we couldn't transfer them all and see if one made it.  That is the route we chose.  We don't have any genetic issues (like a balanced translocation or CF) to look for.   And, its not like if they found something wrong they could fix it.  You just wouldn't transfer that embie.  So, that is the route we decided worked better for us. 

Originally I was not an advocate of PGD in our situation because we didn't have a lot of embryos.  I was willing to transfer everything over multiple cycles to find the one that works.  The problem is we open ourselves up to trisomy issues if we transfer embryos that haven't been PGD'd.  He says I have the egg quality of a 45 year old, which includes the greater risk of Down's, etc.  The PGD will be helpful in determining viability, however he sees it as crucial in detecting an abnormality. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"