November 2011 Moms
Options

Just talked to my friend...

and she said that happened to her with her first son. Her numbers were low and didn't move much and they told her she would miscarry. Obviously she didn't because her son is now 4!

Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but that is good right? 

Extended version in my blog, but:
TTC since 2004
DX: Azoospermia
3 unmedicated IUI's, 1 with Clomid - all unsuccessful. Moving on to DIVF #1-BFP 5dp5dt!!! 1st Beta 1/23- 269!! Beta #2 1/26 - 882!!! Beta #3 1/30- 4,250!!! 1st ultrasound 2/10 showed TWINS!!! Found out on May 2nd we are having BOYS!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Just talked to my friend...

• Options

Most definitely. You know betas are not an exact science, ultrasounds are not an exact science, medications, measurements, etc... can't determine whether a pregnancy will work or not. It is ultimately out of our control. All you can do is hope for the best. And when things look hopeless today then put hope in tomorrow.

I have seen miracles happen. Both my boys are 100% miracles. With DS2 the tech told me that it did not look good. Basically the writing was on the wall and here he is. Even in spite of my current situation I still have an overwhelming sense of hope for the future. Trust your instincts and love each day that you are given with this little one.

If you want to read more hope-filled stories then go here. 

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Options
    Thank you so much for that website!!! It is incredible!
    Extended version in my blog, but:
    TTC since 2004
    DX: Azoospermia
    3 unmedicated IUI's, 1 with Clomid - all unsuccessful. Moving on to DIVF #1-BFP 5dp5dt!!! 1st Beta 1/23- 269!! Beta #2 1/26 - 882!!! Beta #3 1/30- 4,250!!! 1st ultrasound 2/10 showed TWINS!!! Found out on May 2nd we are having BOYS!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You know what, I'm convinced that doctors don't know everything. The human body is amazing and no matter how hard doctors and scientists try, they will never know 100% exactly everything that happens and why it does. Just because they are saying it's over, doesn't mean it really is.

Completely unrelated, but when I was 17 my mom had complications from surgery and became septic. The best doctors in Arizona saw her and told us that there was nothing they could do and that my mom would be gone in 24 hours. Her heart, lungs, and all major organs were shutting down. He said once the body gets to that point, it can't recover. Well, she did. 10 years later and she's stronger than ever. Miracles happen everyday.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• Options
    I agree with all the other ladies said. Miracles happen & doctors don't know everything. Best of luck to you!! :)
  • Options
    I must agree and say that miracles do happen. I know two people that had preemies. Their doctor told them that there is no way their baby would survive. One is now 9 years old and another just turned 12 months old. They're both healthy as can be and smart as a whip. Doctors aren't always right.
    December '14 May Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV/Movie Mom - Tara Knowles from Sons of Anarchy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"