Pre-School and Daycare
Options

*_*_ Goldie _*_* Gnomeo & Juliet review

Per your request:

I'd give it a B-.

I've seen much cuter/better kids movies.

There's a healthy bit of adult focused humor so it's not a total sleeper but I left feeling like I'd seen a cartoon on TV instead of a feature film.

The kids?  They could watch paint dry at a movie theatre and think it was the coolest thing ever.  Add popcorn?  I'm the coolest Mom ever and that was the best DAY ever.  Catch my drift?

Kinda closer to the end there's a couple of music video scenes where the background is a solid color and they're focusing on slow mo's of 1 or 2 characters with music playing.  Jace turned to me and said "Is it OVER?" really loud.  God help him - he thought the credits were starting.

Other than that they both did fine.  Not sure the 3 yr old really followed the complete story line (it really is Romeo and Juliet but with a more kid friendly ending).  The 4 yr old seemed to get it pretty well though and talked about the story off and on for the rest of the day. 

If you're an Elton John fan you'll find extra enjoyment as it's all his stuff (some old and some new). 

That's all I've got.

Sorry - not destined for a career in film review! 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: *_*_ Goldie _*_* Gnomeo & Juliet review

• Options

I'm not Goldie but appreciate the review ;)

MH travels a lot so I was thinking we could all go see a movie next weekend, since the last one we saw was Tangled all together.  I have a feeling I'll be way too pregnant by the time Cars2 comes out to go with DD and MH.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options

thank you!!

hum... might skip it.  DH and I can't stand movies that are not up to awesome standards, lol. 

thanks for the review!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"