August 2011 Moms

Prenatal Vitamins

How big of a deal is it if I forget to take vitamin?  I feel like over 12 weeks (the first three I had no clue I was pregnant) I have forgotten my prenatal at least 3 or 4 times.  How bad is that? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Prenatal Vitamins

• Figure out of 84 days, you forgot 3 or 4. It can't be a huge deal. I know that at least twice I threw up my vitamin and couldn't keep anything, not even water, down in my first tri.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageatack:

How big of a deal is it if I forget to take vitamin?  I feel like over 12 weeks (the first three I had no clue I was pregnant) I have forgotten my prenatal at least 3 or 4 times.  How bad is that? 

I think its fine. Vitamins aren't like BC pills. They stay in your body quite a long time, and your body doesn't really need them all unless you aren't eating at all. Ever notice that your pee is darker after you take your vitamin? That's your body getting rid of the parts it doesn't need. You're fine.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • If I forget to take them at night, I will take them first thing in the morning when I wake up...but then I'm not sure what is worse, forgetting to take them all together or "doubling" up by taking the missed one in the morning and then that day's set in the evening.

imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've had constipation issues due to my prenatals.....my doctor told me to take my vitamins every other day now that I'm out of first tri (first tri is where it's the most important for all the folic acid and such to avoid neural tube defects), so I'd say missing one now and then isn't a big deal....especially now that you're outta first tri.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SAIFW
  • It may not be that big of a deal.  I have IBS and i have tried pretty much every prenatal vitamin there is and could not find one that settled well.  My doctor suggested that I take a prenatal every other day and on the days that I do not take a prenatal I just take a standard folic acid supplement.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    Not Ranked
    Joined on 11-24-2010
    Dallas, Tx
    1,644 Points

Re: Prenatal Vitamins

It may not be that big of a deal.  I have IBS and i have tried pretty much every prenatal vitamin there is and could not find one that settled well.  My doctor suggested that I take a prenatal every other day and on the days that I do not take a prenatal I just take a standard folic acid supplement

THIS!!!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not a big deal. Some women don't even take them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"