April 2011 Moms
Options

how to set up changing table "station"

This might be a question that BTDT moms can answer better, but what are you putting within arms reach of your changing table? 

The obvious ones to me are changing table, changing pad, changing pad cover, diapers, diaper pail, wipes....  what else are you including in your "changing table station?" 

As we are starting to set up the nursery/bathroom I'm realizing how confused/overwhelmed I am by what products go where...   

Re: how to set up changing table "station"

• Options

I think I might be in the minority here, but our changing table was downstairs. We pretty much never come upstairs except to sleep. SO,

Our changing table had her onsies, outfits, bibs, washcloths, and burp cloths. Plus the obvious things you said, and diaper ointment. By outfits, I mean sleepers or one-piece things. Easy outfits. Anything "cute" that she would wear when we went out somewhere were hanging in her closet.

I basically got her up in the morning, and brought her down where we'd change her and I'd get her dressed. Then she'd eat, and I'd change her again because she spit up everywhere. :) hahah, just kidding. sort of.

But I didn't start dressing her upstairs until she was a little older, so it served as a dresser, pretty much. 

Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Baby #4; 7/7/2018
  • Options

We use the top of a dresser as our changing table.  On it we have (and have had for the past 3 years):

Changing pad, wipes, kleenex, and a basket holding all kinds of little goodies (nasal aspirator, saline, baby q-tips, diaper cream, thermometer, stain spray (so I can pre-treat stains right when I take the clothes off my munchkins since I otherwise never remember to), vaseline or lanolin, lotion, extra pacis.  In one of the drawers I keep spare changing pad covers, the baby first aid kit, swim diapers, spare toiletries (like baby wash, breast pads, lanolin, etc.).  My diapers are kept on a bookshelf that sits right at the end of the dresser.    

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow!  You can tell Nanna has done this before! ;)  Great ideas! 

Ours is also our dresser, so it included her clothes, diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream, q-tips, cloth diapers (we used these as makeshift changing pads in a pinch), washcloths, lotion, baby meds (which we can't do this time with a toddler in the house).  Having some small toys and books handy would also be helpful later on with a squirmy baby .

Expecting our 3rd little girl this New Year's!

• Options
    imageNanna:

We use the top of a dresser as our changing table.  On it we have (and have had for the past 3 years):

Changing pad, wipes, kleenex, and a basket holding all kinds of little goodies (nasal aspirator, saline, baby q-tips, diaper cream, thermometer, stain spray (so I can pre-treat stains right when I take the clothes off my munchkins since I otherwise never remember to), vaseline or lanolin, lotion, extra pacis.  In one of the drawers I keep spare changing pad covers, the baby first aid kit, swim diapers, spare toiletries (like baby wash, breast pads, lanolin, etc.).  My diapers are kept on a bookshelf that sits right at the end of the dresser.    

All of this- and ditto the little distraction toy PP mentioned. The stain treater is important- you want to do that right then and there or you'll forget about it. I also keep a bottle of infant Tylenol high up on the bookshelf next to the change station. I keep the nail clippers near by because I find that it's easiest to cut her nails after a bath and before the pjs get on.

A few other things include some Polysporin or similar ointment for the cut you discover once you get them naked, some chapstick (DD gets terrible dry lips), and some hand sanitizer (for when DD is sick and the diapers are full of extra germy goodness that I can't wait the 18 steps to the bathroom to get off me).

Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

In the nursery, we had the changing pad, baskets with diapers, wipes, and butt paste. 

On the main level we have this that had diapers, wipes, and butt paste in. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"