Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Follow up MRI to CT Scan

I posted a few days ago about my son's pediatrician recommending a CT scan because his head measurements were getting larger and larger each visit.  We had the CT scan this morning and the doctor called us this afternoon and said that the CT showed that his left ventricles of the brain may be enlarged, but that the CT scan could not show what exactly, if anything, was causing it, or if he just naturally had larger than average ventricles of his brain, so we have to go next Monday for a follow-up MRI to get more detail.  I wanted to know if anyone had gone through a similar situation before and if so, what their experience was.  Our doctor did give us some information, but said they would not know anything for sure until after the MRI, so I just wanted to see if anyone had any positive results.  Thanks in advance. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Follow up MRI to CT Scan

• Options
    I have no experience with this, but wanted to say that I hope everything turns out well. I know how worried you must be. Hang in there and please keep us updated. {{hugs}}
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No experience here either, I just wanted to say GL and I hope everything turns out ok. I remember your previous post. I was wondering about you and your LO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the "all clear" today.  I replied to your original post b/c our LO had a CT scan for a large head too and I was hoping yours went as well as ours.

No experience with a follow-up MRI, but remember that drs are always overly cautious with LOs so hopefully everything will turn out just fine.

• Options

Sorry to hear your lo needs an MRI. my son was injured in a car accident when he was about a month old and had several brain MRIs. They do sedate him because he needs to be still but it's not too bad. It is a draining day but otherwise fine. he has the meds they use and wakes up loopy. good luck and I hope all turns out well.

• Options
    KD01KD01 member
    Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.  I will be sure to post after the MRI next week.  It is definitely draining right now to think about, but we are just trying to remain optimistic. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry you have to go through this. I do not have experience with this perticular health concern, but my daughter was born with a serious condition and has had 3 MRI's. The bit of advice I can give you is to mentally prepare yourself to see your child sedated for the MRI.It's a bit shocking the first time.The first time my daughter had an MRI I didn' know what to expect and I think I thought I wouldn't be there when they sedated her and did the actual MRI and that was not how it went. You will be able to be there the whole time and will be able to hold your little one until they are sedated and completely asleep, I was not prepared to see my child like that and it was hard for me.Good luck with everything, I hope this ends up being just a percautionary test!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"