Nurseries and Baby Gear

Which suitcase set do you like best for LO?

We travel a lot and are planning including LO in a lot of those travel plans.  I want to get him his own suitcases and want something cute that's going to hold up for a few years.  Which of these do you like best?  They all have Mickey Mouse on them.

image  #1

image  #2

image #3

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Which suitcase set do you like best for LO?

• I really like the colors in #1!
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • I like #1 also - the design seems a bit different and not too cartoony.  I wonder if #2 would just get scratched up from the luggage people.
  • Loading the player...
  • I like #1 as well. It's so bright and colorful it would be easy to pick out in the baggage claim.
  • #1! Love it!

Even miracles take a little time - Cinderella

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you and your DH have a nice set of luggage? We travel (a lot - see bio) and our kiddos always just share our medium suitcase (my DH and I share the large one). I see no point in getting an infant their own luggage set...even if you travel a lot.

I think it'd be wiser to spend the money elsewhere - and then later (like in HS), buy a nice set for them. 

imageimage
  • I agree with the PP Getting him a lugagge set this early might be a waste of time, my sister and I always traveled a lot with our parents and they'd just put our things in their suitcase if it was a short trip (1 or 2 weeks) or we kids would just share a medium one for the long trips (4-6 weeks, during the summer) Kids' clothes are very small!

We got our own sets when we were in jr high or so..

That being said.. I really like the first set!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • imageI'mAcrossThePond:

Do you and your DH have a nice set of luggage? We travel (a lot - see bio) and our kiddos always just share our medium suitcase (my DH and I share the large one). I see no point in getting an infant their own luggage set...even if you travel a lot.

I think it'd be wiser to spend the money elsewhere - and then later (like in HS), buy a nice set for them. 

We both have very nice sets of luggage and not to sound like a snob but money isn't an issue with this purchase.   Plus, DH and I always fill a large suitcase(for week plus vacays) each so sharing with us isn't an option, plus it's easier if everyone has their own. This will be his set that lasts him through whenever he gets tired of Mickey Mouse, his next set he can pick out.

• I just ordered up set #1 - I can't wait to get it! 
  • imageKimee13:
    imageI'mAcrossThePond:

Do you and your DH have a nice set of luggage? We travel (a lot - see bio) and our kiddos always just share our medium suitcase (my DH and I share the large one). I see no point in getting an infant their own luggage set...even if you travel a lot.

We both have very nice sets of luggage and not to sound like a snob but money isn't an issue with this purchase.   Plus, DH and I always fill a large suitcase(for week plus vacays) each so sharing with us isn't an option, plus it's easier if everyone has their own. This will be his set that lasts him through whenever he gets tired of Mickey Mouse, his next set he can pick out.

Unless you and your DH fill ALL of your suitcases for each trip, it's just dumb to buy more. Whether money is an issue or not (it's not for us either), it's poor decision making to spend it on un-needed things. Put it in the bank to build interest for LO; open a CD for LO; put it toward a vacation; etc.

Have fun lugging it all around with the stroller, car seat, baby, pack & play, carry-ons, diaper bag, and your luggage. The set was only $400 or so. It will not last until LO is old enough to use it (independently) if you really do travel all that much. 

If you invest the same amount of money wisely, then you can send LO on a kick a$s adventure with a new set of luggage when he/she is 18. That's what I would want as a kid. Plus, I'd want to pick my own luggage out.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"