Eco-Friendly Family

Help me unclog a drain ef style

Discovered today that the kitchen sink at the new house has a very slow running drain. I tried dumping a giant pile of baking soda down the drain and foaming it up with some vinegar followed by boiling water after it sat for awhile and it maaaaaybe got a tiny bit better but not much. So is there a more hard core way?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help me unclog a drain ef style

• Have you tried plunging it?  You'll have to get two (assuming you have a double kitchen sink) and plunge both sides at the same time.  If that doesn't work, take apart the trap underneath of it to see if there's anything there.  If that doesn't work, I'd snake it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Will plunging work if it's just a slow drain and not a fully stopped drain? I might have to have my fil take it apart when he's over there this week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Quite possibly.  If there's just a bit of gunk or something in there slowing it down, it might break it up and get it to flow better.  Our bathroom sink tends to get slow (because the pipes were situated stupidly, and junk builds up easily, but that's another rant for another day) and the plunger generally fixes it right up.  It would be worth a shot anyway!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I was going to suggest a snake.  Gross, but it works.
  • Have you tried the baking soda and vinegar or baking soda and boiling water trick yet? That usually clears our drains right up.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • ditto on the snake. It's DISGUSTING buuut it works wonders! I make DH do it. LOL 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Thanks ladies! I might go get a snake on my way over there tomorrow because if I suggest it to dh he'll probably go get Drano instead!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"