Upstate NY Babies

What to send?

Looks like my DH's SIL will be having the babies today, but we thought that last week when they sent her to VT by ambulance!  Still don't know many details.  She is 6 weeks from her due date.  The hospital she is at does not allow any visitors other than the father and one grandparent through their entire hospital stay.  Or else we were going to go up to see them.  I am guessing the babies will be in the hospital for at least a week or so, and in turn the mom.  Any thoughts on what I could send them ?  I don't want to send flowers.

Re: What to send?

• Are these their first babies?  Do you think she will be there a little while with the babies?
  • I know they are ridiculously overpriced, but DH's aunt sent us a edible arrangement fruit thing, and it was so good! It was perfect to snack on during our hospital stay.

Or, a gift card to a near by take out place... either something they can eat while at the hospital, or grab after they are home and not able to cook. 

• Loading the player...
  • I loved the edible arrangements we got too, esp the strawberry ones that have some dipped in chocolate - it was so nice to have something fresh and yummy. 
    image        image
  • I second an edible arrange....

or if you call the info desk at the hospital- maybe you could get the name of a couple cafes in the area and get a gift card to send them...(if they will be in the area for a bit) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was gonna say edible arrangement too.
  • Yes, this is their first babies.  I am pretty sure they will be there a while.  I didn't think of a local take-out place.  Funny, how it is always so much easier to think of something for when someone else needs it then when you need it.  Or maybe that is just me.

How well did the fruit keep from Edible arrangements?

• imageTinyPinkBug:

How well did the fruit keep from Edible arrangements?

we didn't give it a chance to go bad... I think we finished it the day we got it! Plus, it wasn't all that big.

• Both ideas are really good!  Food is always a great gift...especialy for new families.
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"