June 2011 Moms
Options

My girl parts are a mess!! (vent & question)

Ok - so last week I was diagnosed with another yeast infection. My doc gave me an oral med which I took on Thursday and felt fairly good over the weekend, but today I'm sore and irritated down there again. This is getting a little ridiculous - I'm doing everything I can, I only use Dove soap, I'm now sleeping sans-panties, I have a little bit of yogurt everyday . . . .

I'm going to give it one more day because my doctor said it can take up to 5 days to clear up completely. But I'm wondering since the itchiness has gone down and the discharge looks like less that maybe the meds are working and that the irritation is from wiping when I pee (I pee A LOT these days) or if maybe it's just a normal pregnancy symptom. Anyone else feel irritated down there and NOT have a yeast infection?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My girl parts are a mess!! (vent & question)

• Options

A few years ago I had a recurring problem with vaginal irritation that wasn't related to any sort of infection that I had.  It seems like you might have the same problem.  I did the following and it seemed to help:

-free and clear detergent and use an extra rinse when you wash your underwear

-only cotton underwear and no underwear at night (I see you are already doing this)

-i switched to non-bleached toilet paper (the brand was 7th generation)

-make sure you wipe front to back and sort of gently pat instead of wipe

-i eat yogurt like it's going out of style :)

-no soap at all on lady bits, and aveeno sensitive skin wash (don't remember the exact name of it) on the rest of my body.

-my doc recommended a lube called sylk that you can buy online if you need/use lube

Hope that helps!

• Options
    As a matter of fact, and only in the last 2 or 3 weeks! I'm going to be asking about it at my appointment tomorrow, because I'm positive I don't have a yeast infection. I've been sleeping sans panties too, to help with the itchiness, and started using flushable wipes, since it seems to feel better to me. I recall having this problem w/ DS too, and it wasn't a yeast infection... but I don't remember what my then-OB had to say about it. I wish you luck! (Sorry I can't be of much help, though!)
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Wet wipes with aloe may be soothing. Make sure you stay dry; try wearing dresses and only cotton panties. 

On another note, he area usually becomes more sensitive in general...but it does sound like the meds are helping. 

• Options

I haven't been diagnosed with a yeast infection, but I did have a yeasty reaction to my prenatal vitamins. It didn't itch but I did have a lot of discharge. As soon as I switched from "fancy" prenatals to the CVS generic version, it went away completely.

Hope that helps!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had a yeast infection during this pregnancy.  My midwife had me take the pill twice, two days apart, and said it doesn't always clear up with one pill.  She also told me to take probiotics everyday which I now do religiously.

Good luck and I hope it clears. 

• Options

it may not only be a yeast infection, it could be a bacterial infection also.

i had both at the same time, yay me... the yeast cleared up, but the bacterial infection was giving me all sorts of issues that feel similar to a yeast infection. the itching, burning, tenderness etc... 

it took about 2 weeks for me to be all free and clear of issues. i'd check with your doc though to see if you might also have a bacterial infection. good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageluvbeingmom:

it may not only be a yeast infection, it could be a bacterial infection also.

i had both at the same time, yay me... the yeast cleared up, but the bacterial infection was giving me all sorts of issues that feel similar to a yeast infection. the itching, burning, tenderness etc... 

it took about 2 weeks for me to be all free and clear of issues. i'd check with your doc though to see if you might also have a bacterial infection. good luck!

Lovely! : ( I think it's time to call the doctor again . . . I'm glad you're feeling better!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"