Pregnant after a Loss

Chocolate Chip Cookies as Antianxiety Treatment?

Tomorrow is my 2nd u/s, and I will be the same gestation to the day when I found out about my loss.  Couple that with the intermittent spotting/cramping I've been having, and a decrease this weekend in the few other symptons I had,  and you have the makings of one anxious PgALer

I decided to treat myself to a decaf skim latte at Starbucks in an attempt at distraction so I could get some work done this afternoon, and the chocolate cookies called my name.  I inhaled one...and now I feel oddly at peace.  Calm even.

Any chance they are baking Xanax into the cookies at Starbucks?  Or are the chemical compounds in the chocolate chunks having a medicinal effect?  I'll take it either way.  :)

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
BFP #2 2/2011
Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Chocolate Chip Cookies as Antianxiety Treatment?

• I do the same!  I keep my house stacked with chocolate chips cookies and treat myself to at least one everyday!  On days that I feel anxious, I indulge, it is totally ok.  Whatever helps to keep you calm.  Sending lots of good vibes your way for your u/s tomorrow. GL
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I heard somewhere that for some people eating chocolate stimulates either seratonin or endorphins I can't remember which - but both are "feel good" chemicals so what you're saying kind of makes sense!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ice cream does the same for me.   Good luc tomorrow!
  • I never miss my required dose of 4 cookies per night.

I'm a believer.

(happy to hear you are feeling calm)

image??? Baby Jane born sleeping @ 22.5 weeks ??? MY OWN NUTSHELL -- The Blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Chocolate chip cookies always have that effect on me! Sounds yummy!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • imagespincat9:
    I think I heard somewhere that for some people eating chocolate stimulates either seratonin or endorphins I can't remember which - but both are "feel good" chemicals so what you're saying kind of makes sense!!!

It's seratonin, the "happy" chemical.  As for the OP, eat more and I hope your appointment tomorrow goes really well.  

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • :::reads post, runs off to bake break 'n bake chocolate chip cookies...:::

Thanks for the heads up, and so glad you found this to help relax you!

• Whatever works! Maybe I'll try that before my u/s tomorrow. Xanax isn't safe for pregnancy right, because I could sure use something prescription strength tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"