Stay at Home Moms

How do you stay motivated?

The internet, tv, phone calls, etc are such huge distractions for me; there have been too many days as of late where I find myself shocked the 2pm has rolled around and barely anything has gotten done.

How do you stay focused on household duties?

Re: How do you stay motivated?

• Sorry to post and run but the baby needs nursed.
  • It's not easy some days but I try to have a basic schedule of what I want to accomplish for the day (sometimes for the week). I know that I'll never get done most of what I want to in a day but it does help to keep me on track for knowing what needs to get done overall.
  • Loading the player...
  • I do certain chores each day of the week.  Before DS' AM nap, everyone is dressed, fed and kitchen is cleaned.  When he goes down for his nap, I do my daily cleaning  then a little while after he wakes it's lunch then PM naps.  I get to relax during the PM nap!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I've been having major issues with this lately so I went out and got a daytimer and I write reasonable lists of what must be accomplished each day. I really enjoy checking things off lists so it helps keep me focused. I also have been putting on the radio vs the TV and only get on the internet during one of DS's naps.
  • It's in my makeup: I'm a taskmaster.  I thrive on getting things done.  But if you're not like that and are looking for some pointers, I know that I've seen this post a couple of times over the past week or so - if you scroll through I'm sure you'll get some good tips.  There's a really good range of different personalities/routines/etc. on this board. GL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"