Parenting

Is your school strict about who picks-up your kid?

My DD's kindergarten teacher is pretty lax. Now that she knows all the parents, she trusts us to pick up each others kids. It surprised me that she doesn't require a note. 

Re: Is your school strict about who picks-up your kid?

• 2nd grade and lower they are required to see the adult picking up and it has to be somone on an approved list.  Picking up kids for a playdate requires a note to the teacher.
    Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • They are very strict and I like it that way. If I come and say I'm getting B and her BFF and his mom forgot to call, they will not release him to me even though I've taken him 100 times.
  • Loading the player...
  • In preschool, kinder, and 1st grade they're strict.  After that, they pretty much just let the kids go. 

The teachers know me really well by now (the girls have had all the same teachers) so I get away with casually letting them know there's a change for pick up but usually I try to send a note or an email to keep things simple. 

• Our preschool is. They must have a note from the parent with full name of the person picking up. If they have not met this person before, they will require a picture ID.

• Logan's kindie teacher will allow it as long as the parents contact her.  Logan had a playdate at a friend's house, and I emailed her letting her know that another parent would pick him up and she was fine with it. 
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • There is a form we update every 3 months.  Basically, we give them a list of people who are always allowed to pick up DS.  There is also a seperate (more general) list of who is allowed to pick up, but these arrangements must be communicated by the parents to the school director.  There is also a section for people who are not allowed under any circumstance to pick up the child.

David "BD" 2/8/07 Spencer 9/12/11
  • They check drivers licenses.  You also have to either be on a list (2 people you name in paperwork at the beginning of the year), or have a note.
  • We have a form we fill out at the beginning of year for who is allowed to pick up. If its someone else who is not on the list, I just send in a note. They also check IDs.
    Matt and Krystal 9-18-05
    DD 1/29/07 -

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Her preK is in an elementary school.  School rules are that you must be signed up as a designated pick up person, and you MUST have the keychain w/the child's name & student ID or they do not let the child go with you.  Period.  Grades prek-5th.  They also have a checklist for all students getting on & off the bus and parents have to write a note if the child won't be riding the bus that day.

• They are inconsistently strict.  They have a list of allowed people, but they don't check IDs (although I can't imagine a child walking off with an impostor grandma).  If you want someone else to pick the child up, you leave a note.  If you want to change the plan in the middle of the day, they won't accept the new instructions by phone or email but they will by fax.  Which makes no sense because someone can fake a fax as easily as faking a phone call or an email.
  • DD is in a PreK program at the elementary school and anyone picking up has to be on the list that I provide and if they don't know the person, they will ask for ID.  Daycare was the same way.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"