Austin Babies
Options

Really dumb ? inside

What is an iPad? I mean, I have seen one, but what does it do? Is it basically an iPhone without calling capabilities? Or is it more of a full computer without a keyboard that is attached? Could I use it to work on my work documents? I am confused. Told ya it was a dumb question. Embarrassed

Re: Really dumb ? inside

• Options

Don't feel bad, I'm pretty ignorant about tech stuff, too :)  Hell, my cell phone doesn't even have a camera.

I thought an iPad was simply an oversized iTouch.  And an iTouch is basically an iPhone, without the phone.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, its a big iphone that doesn't make phone calls.  MIL got me one and I like it but I would have never bought one for myself.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

you can do work work on it too.

I miss ours, I don't know where it went, but it's been missing since we moved :

• Options

My sister has one so I got to play on it for a little bit.  It's like a giant iPhone w/o the calling capabilities.  I suppose you can do work documents on it, but typing on it was a pain in the rear when I tried to do FB (at least IMO it was a pain) so I can't imagine doing anything on it that requires a lot of typing.

ETA:  My sister has the SkeeBall app on her iPad and I played that game for I don't know how long.  It was like Chuck-E-Cheese w/o all the germs.  :)

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Probably a good cross between a laptop and an iTouch.  You could probably get apps so you can take care of work stuff (word, excel, etc.).  A friend of ours uses his a TON for work - he has a wireless keyboard and just treats it like a laptop.
  • Options
    I was considering getting one to hook up to the TV so I could stream netflix and then realized that I could do it for so much cheaper. I wanted one just to have one but I can't see a practical use for it.
  • Options
    The above descriptions are right on.  DH *had* to have one when it came out, and I gave him endless sh!t for it.  Then one day while I was nursing DD2 and wanted to read a book, I picked it up.  I could read one handed, surf one handed, etc.  I was hooked.  I now use it more than he does (but not as much as our 3yo does).  Embarrassed
  • Options

I swore I'd never want one, but my parents gave DH one for Christmas and now MAMA WANTS.  The others explained it well.  I just thought I'd tell you I want one, in case you wanted to buy me a birthday gift.

;) 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageNoisemaker:
    The above descriptions are right on.  DH *had* to have one when it came out, and I gave him endless sh!t for it.  Then one day while I was nursing DD2 and wanted to read a book, I picked it up.  I could read one handed, surf one handed, etc.  I was hooked.  I now use it more than he does (but not as much as our 3yo does).  Embarrassed

This.  DH *had* to have it.  I could not figure out WTH he wanted it for.  We both have iPhones and computers so I was not seeing what he could possible need it for.  I get it now.  It's freaking awesome and we fight over it.  Kate got unlimited access while she was sick and is now in full on withdrawal.  We watch movies on it, we play games on it (we play 2 player games on it, and he plays his own games on it), he will surf on it while we watch a movie together on the laptop, he writes on it (though he prefers to write with a wireless keyboard), we read on it, there are a ton of awesome kids apps, he uses it like a cookbook...  I could go on and on.  I have gone from thinking it was the stupidest thing I had ever heard of to loving it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"