Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Come in IKEA HEMNES dresser owners...

Were you pleased with your purchase? Any complaints?

Thinking about getting this and using it as part of changing table. Let me know your thoughts!

Re: Come in IKEA HEMNES dresser owners...

• Options
    And if you have this dresser, what crib did you get to go along with it?
  • Options

Love it.  But the dresser is a little tall for a changing table, fine for me though at 5'4".  If you are petite, you may want to look at the  birkeland dresser.

I have the 3 drawer hemnes and gulliver crib.  both are great.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the 8 drawer in black-brown & like it, lots of storage & the height is perfect for me to use as a changing table. It was kind of a PITA to assemble, but I've come to expect that w/IKEA furniture. I bought it to go w/the Graco Lauren in espresso; the crib color is more dark cherry finish than espresso so it doesn't match perfectly, but it's not that noticeable.
    Wallace is a big brother!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have the 3 drawer to use as the changing table & the Graco Lauren crib in espresso.  I agree with pp that the crib has a bit of cherry to it & the hemnes does not.  But they still go fine together.  The dresser is great!  Good quality, big drawers, nice.  We actually also got the 8 drawer and 6 drawer for our bedroom too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    thanks everyone! I'm 5'7 and my DH is 6'3..so I think it would be perfect for us.
  • Options
    I have 2 (although neither is used in the nursery). Love them!! And my sister loved mine enough to buy one for herself. I wanted to suggest switching out the knobs though- it makes SUCH a difference! Some slick knobs from Anthropologie turn it from a recognizable ikea piece to something special!
  • Options

We got this dresser and put it together yesterday and we love it! It goes great with the Graco Charleston.

eta: we got the 8 drawer dresser in white. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

this is what we are planning on using for #2...that way we don't have to buy another changing table!

Glad that more people have thought about this too! :O)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We just assembled the 8-drawer "white" Hemnes. I put white in quotes because it's not as white as our crib (white Davinci Kalani) and our trim, etc. It's not THAT noticeable but it does irk me a little. It'll pass and I do love the dresser. So much storage and it's long enough to put the changing pad, baskets and a lamp. No complaints other than the color.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We have the 8 drawer in brown-black to go with the Davinci Kalani crib.  I love it so far.  It has a ton of storage and is the perfect height for the changing pad on top.  I also have the taller 6 drawer one for our bedroom.  I've had it since 2002ish and it's still in perfect shape and has lasted through 4 or 5 moves.  I highly recommend.

• Options
    i looked at the 3 drawer last time I was at ikea but it is not white, very creamy off white color and I like my furniture to match so we passed on it.
    Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • Options
    We bought it yesterday, 3 drawers, in white.  We have the Gracco Charleston crib in white.  We will eventually get the larger ones for ourselves down the road.
    ~ M/C April 28/10 @ 10w2d ~ ~ M/C Sept. 14/10 @ 5w ~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have the 8 drawer in white to go with the Gulliver crib.

We LOVE it.  I'm almost 5'9" and DH is taller, and it's the perfect height for a changing table.  We love we don't have to hunch over to change DD at all.

The 8 drawers give you plenty of room to organize things.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have the tall 8 drawer and the short 3 drawer and like them both.  We have them in white and they match the our crib- Bonavtia Peyton classic.  
    Married 10.27.07
    DD 11.20.10
    BFP #2 8.25.12 M/C 9.3.12
    BFP #3 10.25.13 EDD 7.8.14

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options

We have the 3 drawer and love it! So far, we haven't used it, but it suits the purpose now. You can't really fit a basket or anything on top with the pad, but we are just using the first drawer with organizers for those items.

We got the Skylar crib from PBK to go with it. You can see the nursery here.

• Options

Just a couple questions...

Do you find that the Kalani crib finish is similar to the finish of the dresser?

What is the appearance of the finish of the dresser?  Does it appear to be glossy/lacquered or matte? & the same question for the finish of the crib..

Also, I am between the 3 and 8 drawer dresser... any tips?

Thanks!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"