Does this seem right to you? — The Bump
Trouble TTC

Does this seem right to you?

Background: Started clomid for my 1st IUI cycle on 2/16 (CD5). Monitored on Mon, Wed, & Fri of last week. At last Friday's appt, my doc was surprised that my follies were still only at 14-15mm and ordered b/w to see if I had already ovulated. b/w showed I hadn't ovulated yet, so they wanted me to come back in this morning for another u/s. This morning my lining was at 10 and I had 1 follicle at 21mm. They gave me my Ovidrel shot while I was there at 7:15am and schedule my IUI for tomorrow at 11:45am. That puts my trigger 28.5 hours before the IUI. Does that seem ok to you? I'm nervous that the timing seems off.

Re: Does this seem right to you?

• Usually my RE schedule's the IUI 36 hours after the ovidrel shot. You should be ok since the timing is pretty close. You usually ovulate anywhere from 36-48 hours after the ovidrel shot.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image c&n06:
    Usually my RE schedule's the IUI 36 hours after the ovidrel shot. You should be ok since the timing is pretty close. You usually ovulate anywhere from 36-48 hours after the ovidrel shot.

Ditto. Better to be a little early than too late since the sperm can live inside your body for a couple of days whereas the egg is only viable for about 24 hours.

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards