1st Trimester
Options

UPDATE #3: I have a feeling it's game over.

I woke up to some red bleeding this morning.  It's very, very light right now - not even showing up on a pad.  But I am 19 DPO, have had some cramps since 13 DPO, and very very faint BFPs, even this morning.  Luckily, I have a doctor's appointment this morning to get a blood test, but I'm not feeling optimistic at this point.

UPDATE #1 at 2:00p.m. Monday:

First of all, I cannot express how emotional I am to read all of the lovely thoughts you all have sent my way today.  Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a little note to me.

So here's where we're at.  I saw my doctor this morning, and he's being guardedly optimistic.  First, the bleeding appears to have been coming from an irritation and tiny polyp on my cervix, NOT the uterus.  Then, he said he would not characterize the discharge as "spotting" or "bleeding", but, rather, just "staining."  He then did an ultrasound, and told me that the thickness of my uterus lining was not typical for a chemical pregnancy - it was 2 mm thick, which is really, really good.  The last thing he wants to rule out is an ectopic pregnancy (my worst fear at this point), and couldn't see the sac, BUT he did see a shadow that he thinks may be the sac, although he didn't want to bet his life on it yet.  He was not at all concerned about the cramping, since I couldn't describe it as anything more than discomfort (certainly not stabbing, and not even close to what my menstrual cramps feel like).  He took my blood sample, and he will have my betas and progesterone levels tomorrow - he wants the betas as close to 1000 as possible.  He may give me some progesterone, depending on how he feels about the levels.

The "staining" appears to have come to a halt for the time being, so the high strung panic is over for me, at least for now.  I told my three bosses at work because I am just emotionally wrung out today, so the cat's out of the bag there (they were amazing, which doesn't surprise me, since all three of them had similar issues with their spouses).  I haven't even told my parents yet because I was hoping to surprise them when I visit this coming weekend.  I'm thinking I need to call them today.

Thanks again for all of the support and for the lovely messages.

JoAnna 

UPDATE #2 at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday

I think it's over.  I started passing clots about an hour ago, and I feel like I'm getting my period - barely noticeable cramping.   The doctor is still waiting for my hormone results, and said that there is still a chance that the pregnancy is viable, since implantation bleeding sometimes can be quite heavy.  Otherwise, I feel physically better today than I have for the entire week I've had positive pregnancy tests; I honestly feel fantastic.  Emotionally, not so much, but I know I'll be ok once the concern regarding an ectopic pregnancy is addressed (which he said based on my ultrasound and the amount of bleeding I'm describing, is not likely).  The really good news is that DH and I are older, and got pregnant really easily, so we'll try again as soon we're given the green light.  Thanks, again, for all of your support.  I will post again later once I have some more news, but I really have felt the love and concern from all of you ladies, and it really does make a difference.

UPDATE #3 at 3:00p.m. Tuesday

It is a chemical pregnancy.  My hormones were hopelessly low. The process is really cranking now, so I am cramping and feel like I'm having a rough period.  Good news is that the doctor said my chances of this being an ectopic are next to nothing.

I am sad, but I will be ok.  My husband told me this morning that no matter what, I'm enough for him.  That makes all the difference in the world.  How amazingly lucky I am to be in this with him.

Thank you all for reading my post and thinking about me as I've gone through this process.  I wish you all the best of luck and good health with your pregnancies, and hope to be back here with you soon.

JoAnna

Re: UPDATE #3: I have a feeling it's game over.

• Options

I am so sorry.  I went through a loss 2 cycles ago and am not 100% sure about this one yet - 14 DPO today.  Try to keep calm (impossible I know) and trust that God has a plan.  Please keep us posted on your appointment and the results of your blood test.  Many women on this board have had bleeding and gone onto have healthy babies.

thoughts and prayers for you today.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh, fingers crossed that it nothing and your appt goes fine today.  Keep us posted!  Sending sticky baby vibes your way today!
    BFP on 2/21/11 - Expecting #1 on 11/4/11!!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Joanna, please keep us posted! T&P.
  • Options
    hope your apt brings good news! Keep us posted!
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no! Try to be positive, I've read that 50% of women who have bleeding go on to have healthy babies. Good luck!
  • Options
    I wouldnt say your out just yet. Keep us posted. I hope all goes well.
    photo b5880bbf-17e0-491c-8d1e-181ee8707670_zps6b0bf0b5.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Aug 19, 2010 ParaGuard IUD Removed
    Sept 7, 2010 Dx w/Hypothyroidism (TSH 6.7) Began taking Levothyroxine
    Feb 15, 2010 BFP with #1
    Nov 1, 2011 DD1 Born
  • Options

I wouldn't worry too much. I am going through something similar though.

I am between 5 and 7 weeks and I have been bleeding for a week now. It started out light and dark and became more but still remained old blood and then a couple of days ago it became fresh blood. I saw the doc on Thursday and she wasn't too worried about it because I had no pain and we did a blood test to check my levels.

I called this morning and my levels are normal around 1500 and I am just trying to get in early for an ultrasound to make sure everything is fine. It's been a rough week for me, I would just like to know where the blood is coming from!

Best of luck and don't stress! Everything will be fine no matter what!

• Options
    I hope that everything goes OK at your appointment...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    Thoughts & prayers your way. I hope that all turns out well.
  • Options
    Sending T&Ps your way!

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

well you just never know sometimes.. I have been through that 2 times and the outcomes were not good but then you hear people who have a little bleeding the whole time they are pregnantt. stay positive and take it one step  at a time,,,

take care.. and let us know how you are?

BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

The beautiful blonde in my siggy  caused me to bleed from 6-7 weeks( even some big clots). I was just low on progestrone. I had to take suppositories but she is a very healthy little girl.

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

:::Lurking:::

I just wanted to say try not to worry. Dh and I were not trying so I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 7 weeks along. I thought I was getting my period, because I was constantly spotting, and would sometimes have some bright red blood. This continued until week 9. It's not always bad news. Sometimes this just happens! 

Lost Lilah (Audra's twin) at 26 weeks. Cause unknown. Forever in our hearts
  • Options
    imagejgengo0:

:::Lurking:::

I just wanted to say try not to worry. Dh and I were not trying so I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 7 weeks along. I thought I was getting my period, because I was constantly spotting, and would sometimes have some bright red blood. This continued until week 9. It's not always bad news. Sometimes this just happens! 

Thanks so much for coming out lurk-dom to tell me this - it means so much to me. 

• Options
    Thanks for the update and I hope you continue to get good news!

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Update #2 in original post.
  • Options
    Update # 3 in original post.
  • Options

imageChoicesMom:
    I am so sorry.  It is eerie how similar our experiences have been on this one.  I took a HPT today and got a BFN so I am pretty sure I had a c/p as well.  I wish you all the luck in the future and I hope to be celebrating a BFP with you soon!!

Thank you for your support, CM, and I really hope you're hanging in there, too.  I've already joined TTC After a Loss, and those ladies are remarkably supportive (as have been the ladies here), so maybe I'll see you over there at some point. I've already learned from them that we are a little more fertile than normal the 3 months after a chemical pregnancy, so that bodes well for us :-)

• Options
    Oh Joanna, I'm so sorry to see you go :( Best of luck and I hope you get your sticky baby soon.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"