Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

need 3 year old girl birthday gift help

I was really hoping you ladies could help me out a bit here.  I have a friend who's daughter is turning 3 this upcoming weekend and I still have not come up with a gift for her.  Her mom built her a little play kitchen that is adorable and is what they are basing her party around (will be a "cooking" party), but she has everything she needs for it (pots, pans, "food", dishes, mixer/blender/coffee pot etc, apron, chef hat....).  

She is really into her dolls, so I was thinking of getting her a new doll with a matching outfit for her and the doll but I'm realizing that I know nothing about dolls!  I was thinking something like a cabbage patch kid (I had those with matching outfits growing up and loved them) but they are pretty expensive!  Is there something more modern than the cabbage patch doll that is out?  I think she might be a little young for an American Girl doll-but you all would know better than me.  Is there a good doll that your DD loves?  And do you have a recommended place for clothes (besides etsy)?  

Or, what is/was your DD into at 3?  Is there another great toy that I could find for her?  I got her playdough last year, so I don't want to repeat that.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: need 3 year old girl birthday gift help

• Options

My 3 yr old is REALLY into the computer, she really goes bonkers over jumpstart preschool.

My kids love the Laurie Berkner Band CD that wee have and it has allowed me to cut out about 50% of our TV time.  Since it's a cooking theme, how about do a little research and find a popular kids' CD with the wor "Cookin'" in the title?  Or better yet, burn her a CD of upbeat kids songs that have some allusion to food/eating/cooking?

ANd last, and least, in my mind, we just went to my friend's kid's 4th bday and at the store I was schooled by 3and 5 y.o. sisters what the kids are all about these  days- Squinkies, Polly Pockets and something else along those lines with a weird name that I can't remember.  DD chose a polly pocket for her, and while she understood it was for Natalie, she asked me 100 times a day if we could go to Natalie's house right now to give it to her. And play with it at her house.  I'm sure I'll be stepping all over  that tiny pink crap soon enough...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My daughter loves her babydolls.  She loves changing their diapers, feeding them and putting them for bed.  Does she have a stroller for the dolls?  Honestly as a mother who has daughter with 10+ babydolls, I probably wouldn't get her another one.  Maybe some accessories, diapers, wipes, bottles, baby food, clothes, etc.  My daughter has a Bitty Baby (American Girl) and it is by far her favorite doll, but it comes with a nice price tag.  I didn't buy it for her, my Aunt did.  The only way she gets new stuff for her is when she buys it.  My daughter also has a crib, swing,  and a highchair for her dolls, so you could see if she has either of those.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DD1 loves her play kitchen, doll house, baby dolls, but she has also really gotten into games lately. She loves Memory and the Dr. Seuss One Fish Two Fish game.

I think games are a nice alternative to more toys because they're something to do together.

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"