Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

More than one diaper bag?

I started researching diaper bags, and I really like the PPB boxy backpack one. However, when I was researching, I was shocked at how many people said they ALSO loved their PPB crosstown clutch or other 'mini' bag. 

Do most people also have a multiple bags or a mini-diaper bag for really quick trips? Is it that convenient, or does one bag usually suffice? 

Re: More than one diaper bag?

• Options

we will have two but only because DH does not want to carry the pink Coach one I got so we have a black back pack style one for him.

• Options

I carried one bag for 19 months with DS. I never carried a different bag. It was the Skip Hop City Chic and it was good for 2 cloth diapers or 6. I could stuff it full or carry it lightly packed and it was still fine. It had a detachable clutch purse that I carried into stores when I was in a hurry and knew I didn't need to change a diaper or need any baby supplies. I honestly don't think there was ever a need for a 2nd bag.

Now that I have two kids in diapers I do have two bags. I carry one giant bag when I have both kids with me, and I have a smaller bag that I carry when I have one kid or if we are just going out of the house for an hour or two. It takes a little extra effort to pack and re-pack, move things around, and prepare a day out when I'm constantly switching bags, but the difference in size of my bags is enough to go through the effort. It would be ridiculous for me to carry the giant bag when I'm going to the grocery store with one baby for one hour...I *might* need one diaper in that time and it would be silly to carry a bag that could hold 10 diapers.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hardly ever use my diaper bag, in fact, I am yet to use it in the 2 months we have had her. Our stroller comes with a pod that we use to store everything. We always have the stroller with us because we live in an apt, and just stroll her in her car seat to the elevator, then down to the garage. The stroller pod is just the right size for her essentials and we've only used it a few times, then again we have tried to keep her at home or only on short trips bc of the weather, etc, so I guess only time will tell. But I don't see this changing.
  • Options
    We have two but only because one is for me and one is for DH. His is from diaperdude.com...it's less girly and honestly I don't want to have to swap things from bag to bag, etc. It'll be easier for us to just grab a bag and go when we're out solo with her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

WIth as much as I paid for the one I have, there is no way I could rationalize a second one :-)  I do use an insert with my LV Neverfull if we're just running to the grocery store or somewhere quick.

DH has his own backpack one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I probably have 10 diaper bags...my oldest will be 4 this weekend, and my 2 year old is still in diapers (and a baby due in 5 weeks), so I am looking at 6 years of diaper changing. I sometimes change out based on what we are doing, who is going, if I need it to be a backpack or strap to stroller, etc. We are out and about everyday, and I've gotten a ton of use out of most of them.
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    We will have two for sure. One for MH and one for me. MH already has his...my parents bought him one for xmas, the camo Diaper Dude.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Options
    I have three. One fashionable one, one workhorse big bag that holds everything but the kitchen sink and one cheap backpack from Jeep that is small enough to fit under a seat at a sporting event and if it gets ruined I could care less.
  • Options
    So far we have gotten by with just one Coach bag.  We will probably get something smaller for use with the umbrella stroller since it has a much smaller basket.  The second bag will also be cheaper and useful for places where it could get dirty.
  • Options
    We only have one - but I will admit I'm tempted to get a small one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"