February 2011 Moms

I'm a Mommy :-)

and...IT'S A GIRL!  Spencer Helene was born on Friday, 2/25 at 12:06 midnight. She weighs 7lbs even and is 21" long.

You may recall my post from last Wednesday asking about contractions (I couldn't figure out if I was having real labor pains or not). Wednesday evening the contractions became closer together and stayed at 5-7 minutes apart and remained  that way all night long. DH and stayed up all night timing my contractions.

I called my doctor's office in the morning and they said to get checked out at the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 1pm on Thursday and I was 3 cm and 90% effaced (I was 1.5cm and 50% effaced at my dr. appt. Tuesday) and I was admitted.

Around 5pm the doctor broke my water. After they broke my water my contractions progressed fast! By around 8pm was 6cm and I received my epidural. I never thought I would be so excited to have a needle stuck in my back. It was heaven! LOL. I was able to get a few hours of sleep, and at 11:15pm I was 10cm and ready to push. After less than an hour of pushing, Spencer was born!

Some pics...

Coming home...

look at that hair!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I'm a Mommy :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"