February 2011 Moms

engorged... all the way into your armpits?!

anyone else experience this?  It's like golf balls are in both of my armpits on top of my already engorged/painful boobs!  Ugh.  Hopefully this goes away soon...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: engorged... all the way into your armpits?!

• Right there with you.  Try ice packs - that is the only thing that has saved me.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Goblin Gallup 5k 10/30/11 - 36:46
    Turkey Trot 5k 11/24/11 - 35:14
    Festival of Lights 5k 12/31/11 - 33:13
    Love the Run You're With 5k 2/13/12 - 31:58
    Backyard Burn 5 miler 3/11/12 - 1:08:42
    Cherry Blossom 10 Miler 4/1/12 - 1:58:22
    Wine Country HF 6/2/12 - TBD
    Spartan Race 8/25/12 - TBD
  • I use ice packs to get the golf balls to go away. I also massage that area when I'm nursing.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemagdalina.h:
    I use ice packs to get the golf balls to go away. I also massage that area when I'm nursing.

I did this also whether I was pumping or nursing and it helps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAllysunC:

imagemagdalina.h:
    I use ice packs to get the golf balls to go away. I also massage that area when I'm nursing.

Same. My LC suggested ice but I didn't need it after I started massaging.

Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageAllysunC:

imagemagdalina.h:

This. And feed feed feed your baby. As often as you can. Hand express or pump for more relief but pumping sometimes can stimulate more production, thus not helping the golf balls lol. And YES I was engorged all the way to my armpits and it was terrible. Took a good week to settle down. 

Nicole, Mommy to baby Jordan Santiago born 3-31-06 and Isabella Grace born 1/28/2011 image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had huge lumps in both my armpits.  I massaged them & had DH massage them for a few days but they would only go down for an hour or two.  Then while DH was massaging 1 pit milk started coming out of my armpit & it freaked us both out!  I asked a LC about it & she said to ice it & leave it alone b/c massaging it will stimulate it to keep making more milk.  It took about a week and a half for them to go away, but it was only painful for about 5.  Ice can help out with pain in the meantime.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup. I second the ice pack. I have an extra breast tissue deposit under my right arm and it got awful when my milk came in. Now that I've regulated it's not bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"