Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

From Elation to Heart Break

A little over a month ago, I was so excited to learn that I had conceived.  As a 32 y/o woman who had tried unsuccesfully to conceive with her first husband for about a decade, the digital read out that read PREGNANT was a very beautiful sight.  I have only been married to my current husband for half a year, but we knew we would try to conceive immediately.  It only took us four months of trying. 

I finally had my first US this past Thursday.  I had started bleeding the day before, so I was feeling a little ominous about the appt.  We skipped all of the formalities and went straight to the US as a result of the bleeding.  It was very apparent that something wasn't right.  I was nine weeks along, but the digital read out when measured kept saying 7w2d.  Not to mention there was no detectable heart beat.  After a few tears, I gathered myself and went to the lab to get my HCG bw. 

Late that same night, I was awakened with horrible cramping.  I used the bathroom and had lots of blood clots in the toilet.  Thankfully, my body did the work of expelling the lifeless embryo.  I will have more bw tomorrow morning, but my follow up isn't until Thursday.  I am hoping that my body will have taken care of the process, and no invasion measures will be necesary. 

I seem to be in a haze.  I find the sadness completely dibilitating at times.   I try to stay positive about the fact that I CAN conceive.  Which is something I could have said two months ago. 

If you are having similar emotions and would like to talk, I would love the interaction.  This is one way to make the silent loss a little less silent.

Josh & Corrie Married 9/11/10 BFP #1 1/25/11 EDD 9/29/11 MMC 2/13/11 (7w2d) Natural MC 2/25/11 (9w1d)

Re: From Elation to Heart Break

• I understand how you feel . Honestly just reading everyone's post and realizing that the grief that I feel is justified regardless of other saying things like "it was god's plan, it will happen" Not that I don't believe any of those things it's just right now while the pain is so raw it's hard to hear. Best of luck to you .
  • Thank you for responding.  Having anyone who can relate and bounce things off of makes the situation more bearable.  I'm not a very big fan of the unsolicited advise.  I know that the people mean well, but sometimes one just needs time to heal.  Or a simple hug and true understanding, but unless you have been through this I guess they don't get it.  Good luck to you in the future as well.
    Josh & Corrie Married 9/11/10 BFP #1 1/25/11 EDD 9/29/11 MMC 2/13/11 (7w2d) Natural MC 2/25/11 (9w1d)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"