Washington Babies

Laundry question...

It's never really occurred to me NOT to do it.  I do the laundry.  I don't segregate his out.  I also make his food and take care of his kids.  :)   But I've heard a few people say that their husbands do their own.... So I was curious - how many of your husbands do their own laundry?  [Poll]

Re: Laundry question...

• I voted SS because both of us do the laundry, but DH refuses to fold DD's clothes because I may or may not have bit his head off once or twice about how it needed to be done... and put away... ;-)

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I do it all.  My husband did a load last week for the first time since we moved and needed help using the washing machine. It was funny, yet sad that I have been doing it for so long he actually forgot how.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageIkesHawaiian06:

I voted SS because both of us do the laundry, but DH refuses to fold DD's clothes because I may or may not have bit his head off once or twice about how it needed to be done... and put away... ;-)

I'm also a little nutty about the proper way to fold my kids' clothes.  It's just that I have a very specific way about how they are organized...

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• We mostly do our own (and add T's to ours if it's mixed), sometimes I will do his if he asks me NICELY.  He is not allowed to do my laundry after a few incidents of clothing being washed that shouldn't have been.  Works for us. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • DH and I do a split on the laundry. 

I sort out the colors into loads, and make sure everything is right-side, or inside out. (I am picky about my printed t-shirts and jeans being inside out. But everything else goes right side).

DH takes the loads up and down the stairs to the laundry room. (Apartment complex has shared laundry) and does the washer dryer switches. He will bring the hang up stuff to me, and we hang up together.

As well as fold and put away together.

I think we have a good system. And it gives up time to chat as we work as a team.

(Same with dishes. He washes, I dry one night. I wash, he dries the next night.) 

image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have DD help with her laundry as much as possible. She will load the washer and unload the dryer. Most of our laundry is comingled so once I have all of hers separated she has to put it all away. I have also left Dh's clean folded laundry on his side of the bed so he can put it away. I hate laundry with a passion, I will do what ever I can to make my job easier.
  • I've been doing all of our laundry since we moved in together.  Once DH told me how he typically did his laundry, I knew I didn't want him doing mine. :-)  When I was recovering from foot surgery, he had to do the wash and it drove me a little crazy. I had to keep asking him to show me an item so I could tell him if it was ok to put in the dryer, etc.
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • I Special Snowflaked.  I do most of the laundry.  Like a PP, I don't want DHs laundry skills put to practice on my sweaters and delicates, especially now, since I have so little that actually fits me right.  I do all of Livy's as well, and ditto the folding and organizing.  He doesn't understand why all the onesies should be together, or why outfits that match should be put away as an outfit, but since he only dresses her when I pick out an outfit ahead of time, he has no idea what it's like to go searching through all of her clothes to find the pants that match that onesie...  grrr.  LoL

The exception is that he does an occasional load of his own clothes.  My rule is that "if you expect it to get washed, I expect you to put it in the hamper."  If it's not in the hamper I won't wash it, which sometimes results in him doing a last minute load of laundry so he has clean clothes for PT, or his uniform which has so many friggin' patches that I will only take them off to wash it if I know for sure that it needs to be washed. 

• My husband actually does our laundry. When I buy new clothes he usually asks me how it should be washed and then takes it from there. He hates folding laundry, so I'll usually fold it. We each put our own clothes away. Hate to brag, but my DH does most of the chores and cooking in this house! I'm a lucky girl.

Photobucket  image
    Married: December 2005 ~ Started TTC: December 2008 ~ DH: 33, Me: 30
    Diagnosis: severe MFI, late ovulation, short LP, DOR
    Only option is IVF/ICIS. Waited several years before treatment because we're OOP.
    IVF/ICIS #1 in June 2012 (Protocol: Long Lupron). Stims: 6/17/12, ER: 6/30/12 (6R, 5M, 4F), ET: 7/5/12 (1 4AA embryo transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 7/14/12 - 55, Beta#2: 7/16/12 - 100, Beta#3: 7/18/12 - 199 ~ Limbo for weeks, finally confirmed pregnancy not viable: 8/13/12 ~ D&C: 8/17/12 
    Varicocele Surgery: October 2012 (long break to wait for results, no change) 
    Changed clinics: February 2013 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #2 in April 2013 (Protocol: Antagonist). Stims: 4/12/13, Cycle Cancelled: 4/17/13 for poor follicle response and low E2 rise. 
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #3 in May 2013 (Protocol: LEAP) Cycle Cancelled: 5/20/13 at suppression check due to cyst
    IVF/ICIS Attempt #4 in July 2013 (Protocol: LEAP). Stims: 7/20/13, ER: 8/1/13 (12R, 11M, 9F), ET: 8/6/13 (3 fair embryos transferred, 0 made it to freeze) ~ Beta#1: 8/15/13 - 86, Beta#2: 8/18/13 - 390.6, Ultrasound: 9/3/13 - TWO HEARTBEATS! 

• I voted SS.  I do all of the laundry, including DH's, IF he puts it in the hamper or the laundry room.  If he tosses his clothes on the floor, I kick them into a pile on his side of the bed and leave them there for him to deal with.

• Most of the time, I do all the laundry.  He will forward it from washer to dryer or even put a load in (the hamper has compartments so they're lready sorted).  If we've been living out of the clean basket, I will ask for his help in putting it away. 

I like our system because I don't mind doing laundry and he expresses his gratitude often.

Kids in our house 'get' to do their own laundry starting at age 5.  It's a rite of passage and they look forward to it (go figure!!).  Now at 15 & 17 I just have to remind them every now and then to do their laundry (if I can smell it from the hall they feel the wrath). 

The teens also do 99% of the chores - I cook, they clean. 

• I do mine and Kaleah's  laundry, DH dose his laundry, and DD1 dose her own laundry. I may ask DH to help with the babys laundry as time goes on.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • tony does it all.    really.   even the kids.   hes busts through the laundry like a michine,a nd then puts all my folded laundrey on my dresser to be put away.   he hangs the hanger stuff for me.   I put away mine and the kids.     He's 6'6" and VERY VERY particular...  eough so that I get looks if I try to help.   I do take over the kids laundry a bunch, mainly b/c he misses/ doesnt always notice big stainy shirts and such, and wont remember to spray them...  and then puts em in the dryer..,.  so I try to do that.   But our laundry, sheets, towels... he's got a system.    then again the man hasnt cooked a meal in 5 yrs.
  • My DH offers to do the laundry, but I prefer to do it all myself (his and mine).  It's one of the household chores that I actually rather enjoy.
  • I'm with you Jill, it never occured to me not to just do all the laundry together.  Pre-baby I would bust through most of it on the weekend mornings before my husband got up.  Now it gets done during the week and Emily helps.

Normally I end up putting it all away because I need the baskets back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Wow, I guess I'm lucky that DH helps so much! I'm going to try to do more of it once I'm staying at home full time, especially since I'm much better at the folding and putting away part, and also more particular about it.
    Rachael and Tim - est. 10.2.04 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I voted SS because DH does our laundry every weekend. Well, he does it and usually puts all the clean clothes in the hamper when it's done and then the next day I sit down with the clothes in the living room and start folding them and he eventually starts helping. DH is terrible at remembering where things go when they're put away as well as what gets hung or not.

However, I typically do Jake's laundry because I usually do a load every 2 days or so during the day.

• He won't do mine, but he'll do his and W's.  If I'm doing laundry I'll do his,
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Oops I forgot to add an option for DH does it!! Anyway, I also only do laundry that's in the hamper and I don't put his laundry away. Heck I barely put mine away!! I put the kids away though.
  • I do the laundry (wash, dry, fold) but he puts his own clothes away. 

DH doesn't understand the concepts of "separating clothes" or "dryer sheets". 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imagemishquiche:
    My DH offers to do the laundry, but I prefer to do it all myself (his and mine).  It's one of the household chores that I actually rather enjoy.

This is me too. I especially love doing it now that it's filled with tiny little socks and cute little jammies.  Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I suck at laundry.

Rod does ALL his laundry and about 90% of BOTH the kids laundry.

Alex has been trained - he's doing the other 10%. But it's hit or miss

I never get around to my laundry - but I do it - maybe once a month (if I'm lucky)

Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"