February 2011 Moms

Hannah is here!

Just wanted to share we welcomed our little Hannah yesterday morning.  At 1:00am Saturday morning my water broke while laying in bed.  I was having irregular contractions for about an hour and didn't think much of them until  I went to flip over and heard a "pop".  Called my OB who advised us to come straight away because I was GBS positive.  We rushed over to the hospital and as soon as I got into a gown my contractions started coming back to back 1 1/2 to 2 minutes apart. 

This by far was the most intense labor I have had and this time I had no pitocin.  I  think it was probably a combination of breaking my water early and from going from 2cm to 10 in 6 hours.  I tried my hardest to go med free but as soon as I transitioned it was 1 contraction on top of another and her head was sideways in the birth canal so I was having horrible back labor.  We got the epidral at about 5?  (kinda fuzzy) and imediately I felt relief.  At 7:00am I paged the nurse because I thought the epidral wore off but when she checked I was fully dilated. 

This is where I always freak out.  My daughter I pushed for 2 1/2 hours which ended in an episiotomy and vacuum extraction.  My son I had a 3rd degree tear and his cord was wrapped around his neck 3 times.  This time was no less eventful.  Hannah was having deep decels in her h/r as I pushed.  Suddenly after 10 minutes of pushing my doctor and nurses frantically yelled for me to please get her out. Three more pushes and I couldn't.  My doctor gave me 1 more push with the vacuum and it seemed like forever I had pushed but in reality it was 15 minutes.  I was so scared when they pulled her from me I closed my eyes.  When I heard her little cry I knew in my head it was okay, that she didn't need any interventions.  My biggest baby, she was born 8 lbs 2 oz and 20.25" and has the sweetest little cry.  Big siblings are doing great too.  So happy to have my first induction free labor and wishing the rest of you with inside babies a smooth delivery!

1ht

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hannah is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"