Pregnant after 35
Options

Newbie at 42

Hi all.  I'm first time pregnant at 42.  Just found out yesterday.  It was a bit of a shocker to be honest. 

I've been sick with a massive cold (hacking cough and all) for the last two and a bit weeks, so when my period didn't seem to really show up (a bit of spotting, dark blood), I wasn't surprised - just figured it was cause I was ill.  But my boobs started hurting and I felt a bit bloated at the end of this week, so I figured, what the heck, I'll take a test.  I took one of those cheap ones and two lines showed up, but I still wasn't convinced.  So I snuck out of the house (told my DH I was getting more cough drops) and bought a digital.  And low and behold - pregnant.  Woo hoo!

Never, ever, ever though I'd get pregnant at 42.  I got married late (38) and was convinced we'd be child free.  So hoping for lots of stickiness for the next 9 months!

Will be definitely checking in here as this goes along.  Get to know you soon!

Re: Newbie at 42

• Options
    Congratulations!!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!  Have a H&H9!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so happy for you. 
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    great news! congrats
    IVF - 9/09 - BFN! :( IVF #2 - ER 3/16; ET 3/18 with one embryo Beta 3/30 -- BFN! :( IVF #3 - 5/10 - BFN! IVF #4 - 11/10 - BFP. m/c at 6weeks :( FET #1 - 2/11 - BFP. beta on 2/21 :) Thank you God! :) u/s on 3/7 showed TWINS! u/s on 3/11 TWO heartbeats! Couldn't be happier :)
  • Options
    what was your hubby's reaction?  Was he just as surprised?
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Wow that's great! Congratulations!!!

• Options

Congrats! I lurk on IN's occasionally so was happy to see your news yesterday. Glad you made your way over here as it's a great board, as is Parenting After 35.

Healthy and happy 9 months to you!!!

• Options
    What great news, congrats and welcome!  Sticky dust headed your way!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    What great news! Congrats and welcome!
  • Options
    Congratulations and gobs of sticky dust!  :)
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I also married late and after 3 yrs of trying figured we'd be childfree as well when I was also shocked with a positive pregnancy test last October just before I turned 40.  Took a while for the shock to morph into excitement for us; hope it happens faster for you!  H&H 9 months to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi all!  Thanks so much for your well wishes.  My DH was just as shocked...he thought when I handed him the pregnancy test that it was an ovulation test instead (cause I kept doing them as I had a ton given to me by friends) - so his face was priceless when he saw the word, "pregnant".  Happy days!
  • Options
    imageukyankee:
    Hi all!  Thanks so much for your well wishes.  My DH was just as shocked...he thought when I handed him the pregnancy test that it was an ovulation test instead (cause I kept doing them as I had a ton given to me by friends) - so his face was priceless when he saw the word, "pregnant".  Happy days!
    Yes
  • Options

Congratulations!  How exciting!

I'm 40 (got married at age 38) & pregnant for the 1st time as well.  Similar situations, except our pregnancy wasn't a surprise because we did IVF.  Wishig you all the best!!!

Sassy

• Options

Congratulations!  How exciting!

I'm 40 (got married at age 38) & pregnant for the 1st time as well.  Similar situations, except our pregnancy wasn't a surprise because we did IVF.  Wishing you all the best!!!

Sassy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"