Trouble TTC
Options

Serophene and cycle length

Hi ladies

My name is Sharon and TTC #1 with DH for over a year now. My Dr thinks I may be anovulatory with high insulin levels and suggested Serophene 50mg even though I had regular 28 day cycles. I took it on days 5-9 on this cycle and got a positive on OPK on day 18. I am on day 28 with no AF but got a BFN on the pregnancy test yestreday. I guess my question is... could I be pregnant and not be sensitive enough yet to be detected, or is AF going to be late due to Serophene and late O?  TIA    

Re: Serophene and cycle length

• Options

At this point it could IMO be either, if you O'ed day 18 or 19 you are only giving yourself a 10 or 11 day LP and that is pretty short especially since Serophene works to extend the length of the LP.  If you average a 28 day cycle and O on day 14 then that is a 14 day LP so you still have a few days to wait for either the positive or AF.

Good Luck 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    With a positive OPK on CD18, you likely O'ed between CDs 18-20, so on CD28 you would be ~8-10 days after ovulation so it's not surprising that you don't have your period yet. Regardless, I hope AF stays away and you get that BFP!
    IUIs #1-3 (1x unmedicated, 2x Clomid) = 2 BFNs, 1 m/c at 7w3d
    IUIs #4-6 (injects) = 3 BFNs
    IVF #1 = BFN
    FET #1 = BFN
    FET #2 = BFN
    IVF #2 = BFP, b/g twins lost at 20w due to partial abruption/PPROM
    IVF #3 = c/p 5w2d
    Long-shot Clomid/Prednisone cycle before next IVF = BFP, our beautiful, healthy girl born 6/26/13!
    ~~
    TTC again March 2014
    FET #3 - May/June 2014
    -
    all embryos arrested before xfer - back to the drawing board...
    IVF #4 - July/August 2014 
    beta 1 (11dp3dt) 220, beta 2 (13dp3dt) 671, beta 3 (19dp3dt) 10762
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies... guess its a waiting game for the next week or so, just never been late before and will be crossing my fingers that AF stays away!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"