Detroit Babies

Anyone Deliver @ Henry Ford Wyandotte?

Im new to the Detroit board so forgive me if this has already been asked but I would like to know if any has delivered at Henry Ford Wyandotte, how was the expierince?

This is my first pregnancy and Im nervous as is. I know they have a birthing center but I just want to see everyones opinions.

I would also like to know if they have private rooms for PP? Im not one for sharing my room, I would like to have my DH there as much as possible.

Thanks for the help! Smile

*Mrs.Deloney* imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone Deliver @ Henry Ford Wyandotte?

• I will be delivering at HFW and chose to do so based on my sister's experience there and I was with her throughout her whole labor and delivery.  She had a private room that she labored, delivered, and recovered in.  She was also able to keep her baby with her during her recovery, although the nurses offered to take him so she could get some rest.  She had developed preeclampsia so she was not able to get up and move around as much as she would have liked, but the nurses were great about getting a birthing ball for her to sit on and helping her move into different positions while in bed. She had an unmedicated birth experience so I don't have any idea how stuff like that is handled.  As for your husband staying with you, I don't think that would be a problem.  My sister had four people in the room with her while she went thru labor and delivery.  My sister did not have any type of written birth plan but the staff was very happy to accomodate all of her preferences when possible.  Hope this helps! 

I'm due April 27th.  How about you? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Okay, I saw your badge, you are due in June!  Congrats! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  •  Thanks for the help! Congrats to you too.
    *Mrs.Deloney* imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"