September 2011 Moms
Options

Any safe protein shakes?

I know for a fact I am not getting enough protein. I just cant eat meat this baby isn't allowing it. Im not fond off eggs right now either but I'm getting a few in here and there. But I need a supplement because anything that has the word meat in it  makes me gag :(

Re: Any safe protein shakes?

• Options
    banana and peanut butter shake with a little milk and honey
  • Options
    were due on the same day
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    what do you mean by safe?  my dr told me to go jamba juice if i had to and ask for a smoothie with an extra shot of protein to help with m/s.  i'm not sure why any sort of shake wouldn't be safe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

There are some protein powders pregnant woman can't have I was looking into buying a whey protein powder

• Options

imageaquamizi:
    were due on the same day

That's really cool.  Are you getting a bump yet? Mine is just starting to show

• Options
    imageTakaya:

There are some protein powders pregnant woman can't have I was looking into buying a whey protein powder

I use whey protien from Vitamin Cottage. We get the vanilla and my husband adds peabut butter, honey, and unsweetened chocolate. It turns out really yummy. :)

• Options
    imageTakaya:

I use whey protein from Vitamin Cottage. We get the vanilla and my husband adds peabut butter, honey, and unsweetened chocolate. It turns out really yummy. :)

• Options

Go to any supplement store (or trader Joes, whole foods, etc) and they'll have tons of options for you.  Stay away from soy protein though, they are based on isolated soy that end up with high concentrations of isoflavones, etc.  Don't want to go and have a ton of phyto-estrogens in your system during pregnancy.  (Not to say that regular whole soy products are bad i.e. tofu, edamame, etc. it's just that the isolated soy is very very concentrated).  

Other protein powders that would be good are whey (milk-based) or rice protein...there are also hemp protein powders that contain good omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.  Basically anything other than soy would be 'safe'.   

• Options
    yes just a little have NT scan tomorrow 
  • Options
    Also if you like yogurt, Chobani Greek Yogurt has 14-16g of protein per serving!! Highly recommend it. It is good with fresh strawberries, and walnuts!=)
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I've been turning to Greek yogurt, milk, cheese, and Jamba Juice protein smoothies (they use soy and whey protein). Also, soy milk is a good source of protein, along with beans of all kinds - pinto, black, kidney... GL!
    greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"