Washington Babies

You are f*ing kidding me. Long, angry vent.

Oh, I wish this was not true.  I am flip flopping between anger and heartbreak.

On Weds, DH picked up K from daycare and another mom was there holding her, saying our daycare provider had a migraine and had to lay down just for a few minutes.  I was a little miffed, but DH talked me down and said chill. 

On Thurs, I dropped off and daycare lady acts as if all is normal.  A few hours later, DH calls.  Department of Early Learning is at our daycare which has just been emergency suspended and we need to pick up K now.  Daycare lady says she'll call us later to explain and apologizes.  She never called.

Today I reached the investigator.  On Weds, our provider didn't have a migraine.  That other mother came to pick up her child and found our provider out of it.  Passed out drunk or on cold meds or whatever story you want to believe.  That other mother, whom I owe so much too, found our daughter crying on a bed unattended.  Not in a crib, on a bed.  Three feet off the ground alone.  She held and soothed K and stayed until every parent picked up their children and then went home and called the police.  I wish she had called 911 there, or at least told DH what was happening, but I guess she was in a bit of shock herself.  Either way, I am so thankful that woman took care of K.

I cannot believe someone I trusted would leave my whole world there on a bed crying.  Not to mention the other four children that were present. 

We've already found a replacement daycare and fyi, I may DD later to respect this provider's privacy.  Rigth now I'm angry and don't care.

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: You are f*ing kidding me. Long, angry vent.

• My heart is in my throat for you, J! I would be fuming too. Thank GOD that mom was there to take care of and protect those children. WTF is wrong with people. I am glad you found a replacement, and that nothing happened to K! I would be pissed too!
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Wow, J, I am SO SO SO sorry.  I think that is every mother's worst nightmare (at least one of them).  I'm glad K is alright.  I can't even think of how sick and angry you must feel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Holy crap!  I am hoping that the provider had an adverse reaction to something, not drinking, but I would take N out and am glad you've already found another provider for K.

• OMG, I am sick to my stomach reading this.  I am so right there with you on being angry, I can't even imagine how furious I would be were that my baby.  Props to the other mom for taking care of K and the other littles.  I'm glad you have someone new already and hope that your former provider gets help, and a ban on working with kids.  That is so scary.  Glad K is all right.  Hugs!

image Visit The Nest!

• OH MY GOD!!!   I am SO pissed for you!!!!   That is completely unacceptable, and shocking!!!   I cant believe the one mom didnt tell you??   Was she friends with the provider??   Do they have any idea how long the kids had been left unattended??  I cant believe this, completely insane!  How old are the other kids?

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • So scary! Keep us updated on what happens next!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That is really scary and so irresponsible of the provider!  I'm so glad that mom stayed with the children.  It is a bummer she didn't mention it or call 911 sooner.  I'm glad K is ok.
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Oh, that breaks my heart thinking of your poor baby and the other kids. I am SO glad she is okay and that you have a new place for her. Huge hugs for you tonight!!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Oh wow.  That other mom sounds amazing.  And thank goodness they reacted so quickly to shut her down.  Scary! 

• OMG!!!! I just yelled out loud! J- I am so sorry you had to go through this! Thank God for that other mother!!!!! I am so, so sorry! I can not even imagine, especially in your line of work. Thank you Jesus that nothing worse happened to any of the kids. There was some super angles flying around that place! 
  • Yikes that is terrible and so scary. It's not like she's a little newborn either, 8 month olds can get around and roll. Wow, that was an accident waiting to happen. So glad that other mom figured things out. I'd be furious.
  • OMG, J!  I'm crying right now reading this. 

It's such a struggle to leave your child with anyone and then to have THAT happen.  I can't even believe it.  

Just to put the rec out there, I use Northlake Montessori, and have always felt happy with Laurel's care there.  

What a wonderful woman that other mother is.  She gets a lot of karma points in my book.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am freaking out for you!! So many awful things could have happened. I'm so glad everyone is ok. I am mad at that mom for letting all of you bring your kids back today!!! Keep us posted on what happens.
  • I am soooo pissed, and it's not even my kid!  Completely unacceptable!  I'm so glad that K had that other woman there to take care of her until you could arrive.  Thank goodness nothing happened to your precious baby! 

I am also glad that you were able to find a new daycare quickly.  

• My heart is breaking for K.  How wonderful that other mother was there for her.  I agree w/pp's that hopefully it wasn't willful neglect, but if it was, I definitely wouldn't worry about her privacy.  Try to focus on the good of that other momma if you can... That is the positive in all of this.

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh my God. J, I am SO sorry to hear this. I would be LIVID. I am so glad that K is OK and that the other mom stayed with her. Thank god for moms who watch out for other's children. This is just insane.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Wow, this actually brought tears to my eyes. I cannot even imagine how upset I you must be and I am so so sorry for you and your baby girl. I'm glad that the other mother was there to take care of her and the other children, and I hope that that child care provider gets help for whatever is going on. I'm so sorry.
  • Oh my goodness, my heart stopped reading that. I'm so glad you found new care, but this is the kind of thing that scares me about putting C into care when if and we need to. I'm glad nothing bad happened, l agree with Katia that there had to be angels watching out for all of the little ones that were there. Hugs.
  • OMG, I am so sorry J!  That must have been so scary for K. I hope she wasn't drinking and had an issue with meds or the like.  Do you know the other Mom?  Must have been super scary for her to walk in on that situation.  I assume this is an inhome daycare, are the kids in the house or a seperate part? 

Keep us posted, glad you found a new provider for K!  Give her extra loves this weekend.

• Omg I would be so pissed also. Can you follow up with the state to make sure she loses her license? Glad you found new care for her. Btw i looove the new picture. Super cute with those little Teeth.
  • OMG J that is nuts! I'm so sorry. One of my biggest fears. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I cannot even imagine.  You are handling this far better than I would be able to, and I commend you for your discretion but wow, what a horrible thing to find out and have to deal with. 

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • I am so sorry that you are going through this.  Daycare can be expensive.  And you really want to believe that you can trust your daycare provider.  I have a baby boy who is close in age.  He is all over the place-rolling, starting to crawl. 

Kudos to the mother who stayed and made sure each child was picked up and then went home and called the police.  Kinda crazy that the daycare provider lady would just throw away her business-I mean she should have gotten a replacement for any day that was not able to be there 100% for the children that she was watching. 

Hopefully, the new daycare will be a better place for our daughter. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • There are no words for this... I would be furious and more. I'm glad you have replacement care and don't think you should DD. ANybody who endangers kids deserves to have the news spread about them. I can't believe she would do something like this...
  • shock and awe. I would be TORCHING the place down if I were you. Wowzers. Thank GOD K is okay. Wow. Just wow.
  • I'm so, so sorry J.  I can't even imagine the shock and betrayal and rage you must be feeling.  Big hugs, mama!
  • Wow you have every right to be angry - I would be so peeved!!!

Glad to hear that you have found another daycare and that K is ok. Keep us updated with what happens to that lady - I hope she gets shut down!

Hugs :)

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Wow, I am just sick to my stomach.  I am so, so glad K and all those other kids are okay.  I can't imagine what you are feeling right now.  I feel betrayed and angry for you.  Big hugs, mama.
  • oMG!!! But wait...the Mom went home on Wed night and called 911 but nothing happened until Thursday AFTER people had dropped off their kids?! That is the insane part. Was this in-home care, and she was alone? Is the ratio still 1:7 for toddlers in a home situation? That part always freaked me out - if something happened to the one person...no backup.
  • Oh man, I would be SO pissed off!  I'm glad she's ok, and that it was discovered before any of the kids got hurt.  It sounds like she has a serious substance abuse problem. 
  • How frightening! I would be livid too. Glad to hear nothing happened to K and I hope your provider gets the help she needs.
  • OMG that is horrifying! That other parent is an angel for staying. I cannot BELIEVE that daycare provider! I'm so sorry this happened. I can't imagine how it must feel, knowing she was taking care of K. Thank goodness you found another provider already.
  • Wow.  K was so blessed to have that other mom there to calm her down.  I cannot imagine what was going through that DCP's mind by taking cold meds or drinking while taking care of those kids. 

I'm livid for you right now.  DCP's behavior is unacceptable, to say the least, and she should definitely have whatever certification she has revoked. 

I wouldn't blame you one bit if you left this post up instead of DDing. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Wow...I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. I'm in such shock I don't even know what to say. Your poor baby girl...i just want to hug you both.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I had to read out twice to make sure I read it correctly. Wow! Thank goodness for that mother. She was probably in shock, I'm sure, but I glad she was there and that K is okay. Keep us posted. I'm glad you found care for K so fast.
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • OMG - My heart started beating really fast and my gut just sank.  THIS is my biggest fear about daycare. I know you don't want to relive this, but wow - I commend you for not lashing out at the daycare provider. I can't imagine what I would have done. Hopefully, this will be her wake up call and she will get the help she needs.

Glad to hear K is okay....

• What a horror!!!  I'm sorry you had to go through that!! 
  • OMG!  This is the kind of thing that makes me believe in guardian angels.  I am saying a little prayer of thanks that K and the other kids were okay, but I can't imagine how scary that would be for all of you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • OMG.  that is horrible! I hate hearing about things like that as a mom and as a childcare provider.  It gives us a bad name!  and scares me to not want to leave my DD with anyone but family!  Thanks God for that other mommy stepping in.  Its nice to hear of the sisterhood of mommies where we will take care of each others little ones without being asked.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Wow.. I too am sick and sad for you Sad How horrible..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"