Northern California Babies

Registering tomorrow!

We're going to Buy Buy Baby and (maybe) Babies R Us tomorrow to get our registries started. I'm already planning to be overwhelmed, but I would appreciate any tips or advice anyone can offer.

What were your must-haves and which items could you have done without?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Registering tomorrow!

• Don't feel pressured into registering for everything in one day, I know at the very least you can add items to a Babies R Us registry on line.

That's my only advice :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Moby Wrap!! I wish I would have registered for one so we had it from the get-go.  DD lived in it after I went out and bought it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I registered for this fancy swing, called the Graco Sweetpeace soothing center and I got it and it was very disappointing. I think I would definitely say I regret that waste of money. I've heard good things about the Fisher price Papasan swing. 

Also the book Baby Bargains is a great book, that gives reviews of lots of items that you may want, also discusses that things are necessary etc. 

I agree with the Moby wrap

Aden and Anais blankets are great

I got a Peg Perego stroller that I still love, the Uno

I also got an Ergo which I loved but I think the general consensus here is you need to go to a store and try on the Ergo and Beco's and see what is more comfortable, etc.

A bouncy seat is nice to have. I got the Baby Bjorn one off CL but I don't think it was anything special. there are probably better ones. 

I loved our little play mat/activity gym, but I don't think there is much difference among the different ones. As long as it has stuff baby can look at it works.

I love my high chair, the fisher price rainforest one I think it is . Still using it.

That is all i can think of right now.  

• Thanks for the advice!!

They didn't have Moby wraps at either BBB or BRU, so I'll have to add it online. And I also found out that a bunch of the clothing we registered for got negative reviews on Baby Bargains. Maybe I should've done my homework a little more carefully.

I'm going to have to fine-tune the registries online. It was really overwhelming! I was ready to cry by the time we got to the baby bottles aisle!

• Oh goodness, relax. take it easy and do it online! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"