Two Under 2

DD2 is preemie & I feel bad for DD1

My grandparents live relatively close & my gramma is who watches Peyton when I have appointments, worked, etc.  

Now that Morgan is here, I'm just scared Peyton is going to get the short end of the stick to speak.  I don't have anyone to come 'stay' with me and help out but I can go to my grandparents (where I don't have my stuff or the comfort of my home and am just not..comfortable being at all day) or send one of them over there.

I know most people keep the normal 'day care' schedule for maternity leave, which would be Peyton at my grammas 2-3 days a week for a couple of hours (I had 3 OB/peri appts weekly that she watched her for)

I just feel bad since I don't have an appointment, if she's over there.  At the same time..she's not reacting well to the baby & is pretty upset by the whole thing.

I'm afraid she's going to feel like she's not my baby anymore and it breaks my heart.  Granted she probably has no clue whats going on & this is all affecting me more than her, it's just stressful.  

Having a 5 pound baby is so much different than a normal size child, she's so dainty & must eat at specific times, etc.  

I guess this just turned into a vent/stress relief post.  I really am scared to death of having both of them by myself.  I'm still pretty sore & not moving around well and my stitches are pulling so I know i'm doing too much at this point.  

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

Re: DD2 is preemie & I feel bad for DD1

• Is she in the NICU still? When Gwen was in it was hard but  we tried to make time for the boys and take advantage of the nursing care there before she came home.

You will come to know that those "5 lbers" are much more hearty than you think. Your DD1 will adjust and not even remember these days. I do not even think my boys remember a time when Gwen was not in the picture. Kids are resilient like that. You will make a system, and get it down! Hang in there momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"