Natural Birth
Options

Homebirth Ladies!What do you need to supply

For your Home Birth!

Im not sure what i need yet... but seeing what other midwives provide and what they dont ( what you need to provide & buy)

Thanks!:D

Re: Homebirth Ladies!What do you need to supply

• Options

Mine had me purchase a kit (gloves, cord clamps, lube, etc) and pick up a few other things small bottle olive oil, flashlight, etc. I also bought a birth pool and a new hose to fill it with.

Your midwives will give you a list when it gets closer. :) I got mine around 32 weeks I think...

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

my m/w gave me a list of things as well, I talked to my friend who had had one the year before and got the low down on what I really needed.

washcloths

paint tarp (or something similar) 

flannel backed table cloth

have a crock pot

sheets you don't care about

extra chux pads

a hose for the birth pool

She provided most of the other things 

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My MWs also gave me a list.  I purchased a birth kit that contained the gloves, gauze, pads, clamps, etc.  I alse needed to provide towels, sheets, washcloths, receiving blankets, flashlight, medium-sized bowl, two large trash bags, plastic tarp for under the tub, a new hose to fill the tub, an adapter for the hose to hook-up to the kitchen sink, a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, a bottle of alcohol, and mattress protectors.

• Options
    The pp's pretty much covered what we needed... in my mind, it fit into three categories, 1) birth kit (one stop shopping to buy it and it came with everything my MW specified), 2) towels, sheets, baby clothes (which my MW had me sterilize, I don't think that's been mentioned yet and it may not be the same for everyone), and 3) household products to have handy, like crock pot, hydrogen peroxide, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me what the crockpot is for?  Thanks.
  • Options

imagemairanellis:

I could be way off, but I seem to remember reading that the even temperature of a crockpot is ideal for keeping damp washcloths warm to use for perineal compresses. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My MW had us purchase a kit that she had designed at In His Hands.  Then she gave us a list of other things that were optional.  She also showed us what she brings with her when we had child birth classes.  I would talk to YOUR MW.
  • Options
    imageMrs_Liberto:

imagemairanellis:

I could be way off, but I seem to remember reading that the even temperature of a crockpot is ideal for keeping damp washcloths warm to use for perineal compresses. 

Yes

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"