3rd Trimester

36 weeks and 3cm dialated and 50% effaced. how much longer?

I am currently 36weeks and 5days pregnant and on Monday my doctor said i was dialated to a 3 and 50% effaced. in your opinion and previous experiences,how much longer do you think I may have? BTW this is my second child. I have been having what feels like menstrual cramps and a stabbing feeling "down there" and am losing gobs of mucuos and had the bloody show (sorry for TMI just wanted to let you know about exactly what was going on). so in yalls opinion and previous experience how much longer do yall think I may have?

Re: 36 weeks and 3cm dialated and 50% effaced. how much longer?

• Tell me what you'd like to hear and I'll tell you that.

• its not what I want to hear I was just curious about other peoples experiences and opinions is all.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's so impossible to know!  I was 2cm and 75% effaced with DS#1 starting at 34 weeks and it was 3 weeks later when my water broke.  I've known a couple women went from 2/3- 10 in a matter of a few hours.  

Hang in there! 

Miscarriage 10/25/2009 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • thats the thing! With my daughter I had no idea I was in labor because my water never broke it just felt like i had to go to the bathroom really bad and by the time i got to the hospital I was already at a 9! thats what is worrying me!
  • Everyone on the bump and your doc will tell you there's really no way to know. It's hard to ask other women because they may have been in the same position as you but that doesn't mean you'll have your baby at the same time they did. 
  • Almost every site I read says that the bloody show is the most evidence.   I read this morning that it is usually less than 3 days if you have the show. 

https://www.askdrsears.com/html/1/T010900.asp

• I don't think the dilation/effacement means anything, but the bloody show may indicate it'll be pretty soon. But, you still never know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2 days, 17 hours, 3 minutes, and 18 seconds.
  • I have been at 80% and 2 since I was 33 weeks....they put me on bed rest but gave me the ok to walk around this week.  You never know is what my doctor told me.  We just have to wait it out :)
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced at 36 weeks and I'm still here, increasingly uncomfortable, at 38 weeks+.  I think it's good that you've made progress and it seems like your body is heading in the right direction but unfortunately don't think it means labor is right around the corner.  Trust me, I didn't want to hear that either but at this point, I've kind of accepted it as the truth.  But at the same time, every one is different, and your baby may be ready earlier and labor could be close.  I think there's too many variables to be sure.  My first daughter came early at 36 1/2 weeks and I was dilating early then too.  

Good luck and try to relax as much as possible and don't drive yourself too crazy waiting! 

• I am 3 cm and 100% effaced. I was admitted into L &D for the past 2 days with the probability of going home tonight or tomorrow.  My first son was born at 34 wks, 6 days, so I'm REALLY hoping I make it a couple more weeks.  I was having contractions down to every 1.5-2 minutes last night but they've since spread out.

I personally feel like I'll probably make it to 34-35 weeks because (while I was never checked with my son) I feel like this is reminiscent of my last pg.

Baby #3 on the way!
  • imageEmjayTheHunted:
    2 days, 17 hours, 3 minutes, and 18 seconds.

This is EXACTLY what my crystal ball told me!

Unbelievable.

• With #1, I was 4cm and 80% effaced at my 36w appt.  I went into labor at 39w5d.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If TG is any kind of example, because you're not as dilated as she has been the last 5 weeks, you'll go to at least 44 weeks like Albert Einstein's mother. If you don't give birth before that.

My official guess is somewhere from 1 to 42 days longer.

Phoenix - August 19, 2006
    Avery - March 16, 2011

Things to avoid during pregnancy: Eye contact with cats. Cats will suck the burgeoning life right out of you, using their infamous feline mind-powers. Avert your eyes, and move along.

FACT: 1 in 10 people are said to be a carrier of Listeria. Therefore you should avoid all shopping malls, grocery stores and busy street corners for the duration of your pregnancy. Or microwave anyone you contact until steaming, just to be safe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"