Two Under 2

Glider for each room?

Hello ladies, I'm taking a post from July 2011 and bringing it over here. We have a glider in DS's room that we use a lot, and he will be 20 months and most likely still in his crib when LO arrives. I really don't want to get another glider, but I'm not so sure what to do. Anyone have a creative alternate? Thanks!

Re: Glider for each room?

• We bought another glider.  DD's glider is pink and very girly and she LOVES it.  I felt like moving it to DS's nursery would really upset her (and not really go with the decor....haha).

Are you opposed to buying a used one?  I see gliders on craigslist all the time, some for great prices.  You could also check out local consignment stores.

If you don't want to buy another one, then I would start using the glider less and less with your DS, especially at nap and bedtime.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I already put it in my room.  He really doesn't use it too much at night anymore, mostly when he's sick, and the newb will be in my room for a little while anyway. 

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Loading the player...
  • imageMegan.10.06:
    I already put it in my room.  He really doesn't use it too much at night anymore, mostly when he's sick, and the newb will be in my room for a little while anyway. 

That's a good idea!  We spent a lot on our glider so I don't expect us to purchase another one.  I had planned to move the one in DD's room to the new baby's room but maybe moving it to our room for the time being is a better idea since the baby will be sleeping in there the first few months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We bought a super cheap 2nd glider at a garage sale for the toddler's room and moved the nice expensive comfy glider into the baby's new room since I'd be logging most of my butt hours nursing in the middle of the night.

Glad we have an extra in the now 4 yr old's room.  We usually do story time in the nicer glider in the younger child's room but it's still nice to have an extra in the older child's room for occasional illness or night mares.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • I bought a second (inexpensive) glider for #2's room. I actually prefer it to the expensive one in DD1's room. I got it from Amazon for under $150 shipped.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"