Georgia Babies

Nashville

We have family that will be in Nashville next weekend so we decided to meet up with them. We will be staying in downtown. What activties do they offer for kids?

Re: Nashville

• We went to Nashville 2 weeks ago to get our new puppy...it was just okay. I wasn't overly impressed with the city, but maybe because we were rushed with it being a "mission" trip. There seemed to be lots of nice bars and lounges with good local music, but that wasn't really something we could do with a little one. We went to Opryland Hotel and Resort - it was kinda neat. They have a little Mississippi River replica built inside the hotel that you could take a boat tour through. But like I said, it was just an "eh, okay" kinda place :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's not downtown, but Nashville has a really nice zoo.  I think I liked it better than Zoo Atlanta (which I belong to and go to quite often!)
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Loading the player...
  • I agree that they have a nice zoo, we went there last weekend with friends that have young children. Hopefully it will be a bit warmer for that weekend because not all of the animals were out (it was in the 50's). On the plus side it wasn't very crowded at all. Be sure to check out the meerkats, they were very active and the kids (15 month old triplets) loved them.
  • I'm from Nashville. Downtown is much better than staying near Opryland. They're about 20 minutes away from each other and besides the hotel, there's nothing to do out there.

The Nashville Zoo is really highly rated for kids, so check that out.

Centennial Park near Vanderbilt has an exact replica of the Parthenon (they even built the land underneath it to match the curvature of the Acropolis) and ducks you can feed in the pond next to it.

The Frist Center has an awesome, hands-on kid's art program and it's just a few blocks from downtown.

Belle Meade Plantation (straight out Broadway, which becomes West End and then Harding Pike) has neat tours through the house and a great lunch spot next to the Carriage House.

If you're up for a drive, past Belle Meade and down Hwy 100 you can find the Loveless Cafe, a famous meat 'n' three next to the Natchez Trace Parkway. Food Network (and a bunch of other places) named the biscuits best in the world or something and they are freaking amazing.

PM me if you want more info. Have fun!

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"