Two Under 2

XP: LO is a light sleeper ...

DD is a VERY light sleeper - like we're afraid to flush the toilet because it might wake her up. And she doesn't go back down very easily.

We're expecting #2 in July, and DD will be nearly 2. I am SO worried about what to do when the baby wakes up DD. What do you do? Do you let her cry it out, do you go in and rock her back to sleep, do you go in rub her back for a minute and leave (this usually infuriates her even more and has never, ever worked)? Its going to be a process, I know, but I feel like just ignoring her would make her resent the baby ... what we usually do now is pretty much let her CIO. It takes up to 15 minutes for her to fall back to sleep, but we've found that going in there just prolongs the process - rubbing her back just pi$$es her off, and rocking her can take an hour. I just don't know what to do!

We share a wall with DD's room, and our walls are very, very thin, even with both doors closed I can hear when DD rolls over in her crib. We plan to keep LO in our room until he's 3 months or so, but even if he were in his own room, it is across the hall from DD's room and I'm sure she could hear everything even then ... any suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: LO is a light sleeper ...

• Have you tried using a white noise machine?  They are, IMO, a 2u2 necessity.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image*Mimi*:
    Have you tried using a white noise machine?  They are, IMO, a 2u2 necessity.

Completely ditto.  Either a white noise machine or running a fan will help take the edge off of noises that might otherwise wake your kiddo.  We run one in each kid's room, and will be getting yet another for the new baby.  They make a world of difference, IMO. 

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"