Georgia Babies

Summer School?

Abigail's school has 2 6 week summer sessions. I'm debating on whether or not to register her for one (maybe even both) of the sessions. If she does go, it will just be twice a week (she goes 3x a week now). We don't do much traveling in the summer because its DH's busiest time since everyone else is traveling. Do you think it will be too much on her if she continues school through the summer?
Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Summer School?

• I think at this age it's fine since they are not going everyday/all day at any point anyway.  I wish the boys school would do a little more!  They have "Terrific Tuesdays" for 6 weeks, we can usually attend 4 or 5 of them and I treasure them so much because it's my only 4 or 5 breaks the entire summer to make appointments, run big errands, etc!  It's more of fun days for the kids, like "make ice cream sundae day" and "watermelon day" and "water slide day" or "make something for Father's Day" stuff.  I'm searching high and low for any VBS programs/day camps, etc that will take the kids at their ages, it's just gonna be hard to get outside a lot with the baby and I want them to have some fun this summer.
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Benjamin went both months last year and he'll go both months this year too.  I'm even putting Noah in for the last 2 weeks for 2 days a week so he'll be somewhat familiar with it when school starts in the fall.

For us, the summer sessions are camp.  It's geared toward more fun and less educational during the summer.  Kiddie pools, water tables, arts and crafts,etc.  Benjamin loved it last year.  He'll be going 4 days a week from 9:30-1:30.    

• Loading the player...
  • Finn's going 3 days a week, 9-1, for 8 weeks this summer. I will need the break with the new baby and I think he will need the break with the new baby and it will keep him in the 'school' mode, since he had a hard time at the beginning of the year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Think of it this way, those of us who work put our kids in daycare all summer long.  And I would think it would be the same for kids with SAHM's... they still benefit from the consistency of the routine.  Gavin goes nuts if he's out of school too long- he NEEDS that.  I say do it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"